Unlikely
0 (0%)
No
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

ossie85

Shaun Atley

Summary:

Brad Scott could not believe his luck when Shaun Atley dropped to #17 in the draft. Widely tipped to be taken at pick 8 by Essendon, they instead chose Dyson Heppell who was also not taken as high as first thought.

Bargain Pick 17

Highly rated midfielder in the U18 Vic Country team, and also played in defence for the Murray Bushrangers. A very committed player with leadership potential, and loves to play the game.

Atley: This is your life!

The Crystal Ball:

Based on m0nty's fanplanner

Price: $132,500

Position: MID (chance of DEF/MID?)

Most likely will be consisted a midfielder, but his defensive experience at the Murray Bushrangers might mean he gets a 'DEF' tagged on as well. He sounds like a player that will make his debut in 2011, but the Kangaroos already have a heap of young midfield talent, so he may not find a consistent game. Given he slipped from #8 to #17, he is probably a little cheaper than he should be.

Decision:

As per usual, a short list candidate. There are a few Kangaroos I have my eye on, but if a cheapy like this performs well in the preseason, he could well find a place in my midfield.

Fletch74

Definitely a bargain pick at #17. I think he will get some good games, on my short list.

Maca24

yea shortlisted. will watch him in nab cup as i havent seen him play.
must be a bargain if he was projected for pick 6-8.

saborn

I have him in my fanplanner at the moment

tom_scully

Quote from: ossie85 on December 01, 2010, 09:11:37 AM
He sounds like a player that will make his debut in 2011, but the Kangaroos already have a heap of young midfield talent, so he may not find a consistent game.

Correct, which means he is a waste of time as a $$$cow, and therefore serves no purpose in sc.

Maca24

tom_scully

Quote from: Maca24 on December 01, 2010, 10:26:36 PM
i wouldnt go that far scully..
Fair enough, but who is he going to replace (regularly): Adams, Cunnington, Bastinac, Wells, Harvey, Rawlings, Swallow
Anthony, Ziebell (if fit).

Junktimer

adams, wells, harvey can all play forward.

rawlings runs off half back, as will atley as ive heard from reports.

there will be space for him, and i think he will play 22 games.

underpriced, i think he definitely has to be considered.

tom_scully

Quote from: Junktimer on December 01, 2010, 11:28:52 PM

Reckon,  Rawlings tags these days. Harvey should get more fwd time with his age (well played). Wells & Adams - time will tell.

Out

Junktimer

Quote from: tom_scully on December 01, 2010, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: Junktimer on December 01, 2010, 11:28:52 PM

Reckon,  Rawlings tags these days. Harvey should get more fwd time with his age (well played). Wells & Adams - time will tell.

Out

??

browny_wce

could see a midfield of Bastinac, Swallow and Anthony, Adams and Ziebell playing half forward, Cunnington rotating of the bench with a Bastinac/Ziebell combo, Atley to play the wing with Harvey or Ziebell, and Wells and Rawlings playing half back.
the Roos shud probably shape Cunnignton as a young tagger to let Rawlings prowl the back half and take the oppositions old-timer

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on December 01, 2010, 09:51:41 AM
Definitely a bargain pick at #17. I think he will get some good games, on my short list.
Exactly. A massive bargain who I think the Roos will try to work with. Has an excellent work ethic so can improve his game and be an asset to them in the future.

Purple 77

wow how did he get selected that far down? on my short list

Alex7089

He is on my short list but given the depth of rookies this season he will need a good NAB cup if he is going to make it.

Big_Cox14

Definitely on my shortlist. Will watch the NAB cup and keep on my watchlist to see how he goes.