Main Menu

Midfield Mixture

Started by bomberboy0618, November 30, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

What is the best mixture of mids? For me it is 1 super premium 2 premiums 1 400k player and 2 rookies, or 1/2/1/2. What is your view?

MajorLazer

I'm going with 3 premiums, 3 rookies right now. All depends on NAB Cup.

Boomz

BoredSaint

browny_wce

im thinking 2 premiums, 1 mid-pricer, 3 rookies
like: Swan, Joey, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff, Polec

BoredSaint

Quote from: browny_wce on November 30, 2010, 11:48:32 PM
im thinking 2 premiums, 1 mid-pricer, 3 rookies
like: Swan, Joey, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff, Polec
The only problem with 3 rookes is that it is a bit risky considering they havent played AFL footy before.. On average rookies only average 50-60 which is worse than having a second mid-pricer in there..
thats my view of things :)

Holz

IM definately with BB

Swan as the super premium
2 of Boyd, Montagna, Selwood, Bartel
Anthony as my cheap premium
and 2 rookies.

3 starting rookies is ok if you want a league win, however if you want to win the car you need a good starting midfield.
Tag started with a simular structure to this. I think with 3 premiums and ball with 2 rookies

tferrier18

BB you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The tricky thing about the midfield is that it's the position that will score you the most points however it's also the position that holds the most value with more potential for mid pricers to turn premium. The midfield also has the best rookies so it's definitely safe to start more than 1. So you definitely need to find a good balance between the two and I approach the midfield like this:

1 super prem, 2 prems, 1 mid pricer, 2 rookies

LiveTheDream

Currently i'm toying with two different midfields:

1. Goddard, Swan, Selwood/Bartel, Foley, Swallow, Gaff.

3 keepers, foley should score well enough and the two must-have rookies. room to upgrade whenever really and means I can hopefully finish with the top 6 mids

2. Goddard, Pendlebury, Bartel, Jack, Foley, Swallow

4 keepers but Jack is a risk, less room to upgrade but higher scoring from the start.

i'm leaning towards option 1 but what do you think?

Torress

@livethedream - m8 i like option 2 to be honest.just that i'm not starting a 'super prem'in my mid, i think its just too much cash. only SP i'll go is if GOD is still considered a back. actually i'll really have to think about it if GOD aint a back! but assuming he is atm.
yea look i agree with a fair few here already, prem, prem, prem, mid, rookie, rookie to start. those rookie's being gaff and swallow tho unless someone really shakes up the NAB for much less.
i originally as soon as the fanplanner arrived for 2011, i viewed jack as potentially a bit of a bernie vince from 2010. jack's average took a massive jump from like 60 something to over 100. but he aint soft like vince. he has a massive work rate and will tackle untill he gets his possesions if he needs to. i don't think he is that much of a risk. esp for head to head as the swannies are in that no head to head rounds. i guess no kirk, he appears to be one of those types who takes the responsibility, could really lift for 2011 to fill kirk's leadership. got some good ball winning players around him in jude bolton, mcveigh, and that hannerbury guy showed plenty. throw a goodes in the mids if they are struggling as well.
i'm strongly considering jack, i want to start mid prems who are all around 500k and especially the blokes in the guts. boyd is a lock, andrew swallow i'll be going, and i think i'll run with pendles again, bit to expensive but i think he may improve on his 110 average

and i'll jump on the SP's like swan when they get around 600k margin or hopefully less! the prems i want to trade in are swan, hodge (don't reckon he'll be a back next year), and joey. will most likely be avoiding gazza although he may end up cranking 40 possies a game, the suns may really look for him ALL the time

Torress

and judd is also one to bring in ofcourse!

jimmytigs

ablett swan judd boyd + 5 from swallow down or ablett swan judd chapman & 5 from swallow down.This is assuming heppell or x.clarke are b/c & will play games.No thompson,black,murphy,pendlebury,watson,palmer,bartel,ritchitelli,mitchell,scully,A.swallow,boak,tuck,montagna,jack,kerr,cross,im going with the elites only with half an eye on mpp.If no viable cheap b/c options then goddard replaces boyd or chappy & i dismiss the f/c option altogether.

Maca24

ill be going 3 premiums and rookies or 4 premiums and 2 rookies.
eg. option 1. Goddard, Swan, A.Swallow, D.Swallow, Gaff, Polec/beams.
eg. option 2. Goddard, Swan, A.Swallow, K.Jack, D.Swallow, Gaff.

tferrier18

I can understand why people are going for Jack, because he is as hard as nails and has a lot of determination. McVeigh said in an interview that Jack was a potential candidate for the captaincy (even though it will probably go to Goodes).

Still, at 500k, I think I'd prefer to get someone like Boak - especially since I've already locked in Goodes and don't want another swan in my team unless its McGlynn.

tom_scully

Things to consider about super premos:
Goddard - is he better in defence?
Swan - he is a slow starter
GAJ - new team
Judd - Brownlow hangover (see avgs of cousins, goodes, GAJ, etc)
Mid rookies in shower teams being great cash cows - scully, trengove, martin, barlow, bastinac etc