Main Menu

Yahoo AFL League

Started by RiOtChEsS, November 29, 2010, 11:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yani

Quote from: gwilliams on August 02, 2011, 11:05:19 PM
Quote from: Yani on August 02, 2011, 07:26:14 AM
FF Monty, Paul Collingwood, Nicole Kidman, Ariel, Ron Weasley, Lucille Ball, Queen Elizabeth I, Molly Ringwald, Geri Halliwell, Tori Amos, Jessica Rabbit, Shaggy, James Cagney, Chuck Norris, Susan Sarandon, Maude Flanders, Basil Brush, Postman Pat, Groundskeeper Willie, Kiki Dee, Bonnie Raitt, Steve Davis, Shaun Pollock, McVitie's - we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all ....

Haha, thanks Yani for sharing your incoherent thoughts with us. Glad to know that we have some competition out there. Good luck for the remainder of the fantasy season, hope you're still around when we raise the trophy ;D

Not sure I can wait that many years mate  ;D But good luck for the remainder - keep an eye on Ponting though

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on August 02, 2011, 11:32:31 PM
Anyway, back to more important things... With one game to go before the finals, it looks like percentage will decide the last couple of spots in the top 8.

With 4 teams on 8 wins and 1 on 7, any of them can make the finals if the cards fall the right way. The Weee! look like they are in but it might be a bit tough for Hoof Harted on 7 wins but a percentage boosting win against the Snipers might see them sneak in. The Rats have got a tough one against our #1 ranked team on overall points but the Boys and the Pies are up against teams #2 and #3 respectively and they will probably need to win to seal a spot.

Here's my prediction  ;D

:o nice work mate, im hoping u can get a win so i can sneak a top 4 spot ;)

Schlocky

Not a bad effort by the Poms

gwilliams

Quote from: Marcz on August 03, 2011, 04:47:06 PM
:o nice work mate, im hoping u can get a win so i can sneak a top 4 spot ;)

Not looking good for your top 4 ambitions after Saints v Freo. Based on player averages I'll need to pull back 150 pts and you'll need to make up 100 pts. At this rate it will be you vs me in an elimination final  ::)

RiOtChEsS

gwilliams

Well that sucks. Came 11th overall for the week and got beaten by the 2nd team overall and lost the elimination final. ::)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on August 14, 2011, 10:07:54 PM
Well that sucks. Came 11th overall for the week and got beaten by the 2nd team overall and lost the elimination final. ::)
:o ouch that sucks mate... i got Baz next game 8)

funnily i lost all 5 finals in DT, Nick Lower and i r no longer friends...

yet in SC i won all 5 finals and 3 of which r straight into prelims :P

gwilliams

I made it in to the top 8 in 21 (out of 25) leagues across the 5 comps (DT, SC, Yahoo, Sportal, Sportsbet) and managed to win all of them except for 2 with only the one elimination loss (this one). Also beat you in the Sportal minor Qualifying final, not that I particularly like beating you  ;D (Sorry about beating you in the final round of that league, I think that I knocked you out of the finals)

Now in 13 Semis and 7 Prelims.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on August 15, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
I made it in to the top 8 in 21 (out of 25) leagues across the 5 comps (DT, SC, Yahoo, Sportal, Sportsbet) and managed to win all of them except for 2 with only the one elimination loss (this one). Also beat you in the Sportal minor Qualifying final, not that I particularly like beating you  ;D (Sorry about beating you in the final round of that league, I think that I knocked you out of the finals)

Now in 13 Semis and 7 Prelims.
haha no probs at all, dont mind losing as much when u get beaten by a top bloke ;)
rekn ur right too i didnt have a great year in Sportal, altho i went top in 3 of the public leagues...
spewing i only entered the one league in Yahoo now ::)

McRooster

Ponting still batting in the top four  ;)

RiOtChEsS

there is a slight chance of an all SA final should we both pull off a massive upset 8)

RiOtChEsS

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on August 28, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
Sharkz Vs Tigers 8)

needed 400 from Boomer, Petrie, Goldstein and Lidz...

Boomer takes The Norm Smith and The Sharkz pull off an unlikely run from 5th place to be eventual Premiers 8)

Big Thanks to everyone in The League for making it a hotly contested year...

I trust we r coming back next year to take down The Number 1 League Crown...

gwilliams

Nice work Marcz. Bragging rights for the next 6 months  ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on September 04, 2011, 10:27:19 PM
Nice work Marcz. Bragging rights for the next 6 months  ;D
Cheers G glad to see u got plenty of Cups this weekend 8)

I was a bridesmaid 8 times this week so i was ecstatic to win such a competitive League.

may need to eek out a new active member for next year too...