Andrew Krakouer

Started by popedelio, November 29, 2010, 12:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

I wouldn't have krakouer as a lock in, everyone thinks because he played afl and dominated wafl and has the matured body for afl he is going to be the cinderella dt story in the 2011 season, a hopeful to be close to something like barlow, but it's not going to happen, i reckon he is going to be a mega hack, I reckon other rookies will peform better then him. And how is he going to play most of next seasons games, is he going to start over Swanny? Pendles? Wellingam? Sidebottom? Beams? the list goes on, we got to honestly think, he isn't going to be a good pick. What are your thoughts? Do you agree? What is so amazing about this guy?

Cicjose

He has taken Neon Leon's spot and mate if you have seen his stats for the WAFL Grand final as a Simpson and Sandover medalist all in the last 12 months

Krakouer's 41 possessions and four goals earnt him 290 SuperCoach points.

To put it in perspective, 150 is a massive score.

In the WAFL Grand Final, he had 41 touches, 24 contested possessions, eight clearances, six tackles, two score assists and 13 score involvements.

In his final term alone, he notched 146 Supercoach points, including a hefty swag of them for the last-minute winning goal.

He had 13 disposals, eight contested possessions, three clearances, one goal assist, and three of Swan Districts' five goals for the final term.

Krakouer, Andrew   

K    H    D   M  HO FF  FA  G  B
29  11  40  11 0   4   1   4   3

benjy251090

To an extent I agree. I am unsure if he will get games, however if he does, he will be a good cash cow.

popedelio

cicjose i am a western australian and i know those numbers, but you know what he is going  to find it hard to get a game, then when in a side full of premiership collingwod players, is he going to get the ball, when with the swan districts he was the go to guy, it won't be the same at collingwood

Boomz

He's a better player than a fair few of Collingwoods premiership side but he won't get a shot in the midfield more likely as a small forward which will effect his scoring... They wouldn't get him if they didn't think he had a role.

nillation

He won't find his game time in the midfield but he will find game time. Clubs don't draft players of his age without expecting them to provide an immediate impact. Whether he follows through on his promise will remain to be seen. I'll be keeping a close eye on his NAB cup performance because rookie midfield positions in my team are tough to win this year.

maanco

Ok lets have a look at Collingwoods Premiership team

B: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Alan Toovey
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball
F: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Tyson Goldsack, Leigh Brown, Brent Macaffer, Jarryd Blair
"http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103492/default.aspx"

only spots Krakouer could really take is Blair's and maybe L.Brown spots, but remember next year there is one less position on the field, which is now the substitute position. Which makes it harder for him to get a spot on the field.

I think the reason why Malthouse got Krakouer was for Collingwoods depth and to make the players push harder for a spot on the team as they did this year.

ossie85

L. Brown won't go, and if he does, they'd need ruck back up so Wood/Ceglar would come in.

Also have Tarrant, Dick and McCarthy and a couple of promising youngsters in J Thomas and Fasolo.

And Leon Davis will probably push for a spot at some point in the year

maanco

the only reson why brown my go is because of the one less interchange but he would possibly be a sub. He wouldn't be replaced by Krakouer.

Collingwood just has huge depth and will be hard to beat over the next few years.
Malthouse has realy built Collingwood well

popedelio

From reading most of these comments i reckon most of you agree with the fact that he will find it hard to get into the starting lineup, and when makes the side will playing a Leon Davis role. Which was just a 1% role this season for collingwood, to me i just think there are better rookies in that price range

ossie85

But on the other hand, he could be part of the midfield rotation and get 20 touches a match.

I don't think Dayne Beams is hugely safe in the team. Could easily see Krakouer taking his place and playing the same role.

j959

Quote from: maanco on November 29, 2010, 10:17:10 AM
I think the reason why Malthouse got Krakouer was for Collingwoods depth and to make the players push harder for a spot on the team as they did this year.
possibly also to stop him going to rival clubs?!?

i've heard a few stories like this for other clubs - happens in the US heaps too.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: benjy251090 on November 29, 2010, 12:54:17 AM
To an extent I agree. I am unsure if he will get games, however if he does, he will be a good cash cow.
I agree. Would love him if he is set to play at least the first half of the year. Would make for a really good cash cow if he can score even a quarter what he did in that Grand Final.

West Coast should of gotten him. Pies were being greedy with their midfield talent already.

McRooster

IMO he will play early as Collingwood's brigade slowly structure their attempt at the title once again.
A mature ball magnet will allow Malthouse to ease his premiership guns through the early part of the season after their late finish to 2010.
Cash cow for sure  ;)

Cicjose

but if Malthouse decides to give some rest to his stars and gives krakouer 95% TOG what's to say he won't get tagged.