Barlow21`s Pre-season Team Draft - Fully Completed!

Started by Barlow 21, November 27, 2010, 09:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rate My Team

10/10 [Faultless]
0 (0%)
9/10
2 (40%)
8/10
1 (20%)
7/10 [Good Start]
1 (20%)
6 And Under [Needs Improvement]
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Barlow 21

Quote from: naste on December 18, 2010, 06:38:01 PM
Well going by your first post with the team, Are you still going with Petrie in the Fwds?
Re Naste: Yes

Fowardline:
N.Riewoldt, A.Didak, M.Pavlich, J.Brown, J.Waite, C.Knights and D.Petrie.
Bench:
J.Darling, C.Dixon and D.Talia.

MajorLazer

I don't like Waite personally but he could score ok. You have to hope that Brown can play like he did at the start of last season. Rate the forwards 8.79/10 and the whole team 9.25/10. ;D

Barlow 21

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 18, 2010, 06:41:35 PM
I don't like Waite personally but he could score ok. You have to hope that Brown can play like he did at the start of last season. Rate the forwards 8.79/10 and the whole team 9.25/10. ;D
Thanks! I only have 20k in the bank so who would you recommend to replace Waite?

Junktimer

backs: have said in every team i have seen him in, hurn was very bad this year.  and 427k is not cheap, as you have drummond i would get a premium or downgrade him to somebody like adcock.  guthrie whilst he may be highly rated, he plays for geelong and will have to compete with billie smedts for a spot which may not even exist this year for geelong.  cam richardson would be a much better option. -1

mids: myles sewell needs to be changed as he is not currently on a list.  wallis unlikely to get too many games this year as eadey has a bad history of playing first year players regularly.   -0.5

rucks: no worries there.

fwds: not quite sure why you have talia and waite on the same line, if on different lines MPP can be used.  i would get matera instead of dixon, and maybe isaac smith for talia. -1.

overall good team 7.5/10

can you rate my new team?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23368.0.html

MajorLazer

Quote from: Barlow 21 on December 18, 2010, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 18, 2010, 06:41:35 PM
Thanks! I only have 20k in the bank so who would you recommend to replace Waite?
I think you could afford to downgrade him to Prestia and use the money to upgrade Knights.

Barlow 21

My team is now fully complete! I have made a few changes based on advice..

Defense:
L.Hodge, B.Deledio, S.Hurn, G.Broughton, J.Drummonnd, B.Jacobs and C.Richardson.
Bench:
D.Talia, T.Mzungu and J.Toy.

Midfield:
B.Goddard, D.Swan, A.Swallow, D.Swallow, A.Gaff and S.Atley.
Bench:
A.Krakour, D.McNeil and R.Bewick .

Ruckman:
A.Sandilands and D.Jolly
Bench:
Z.Smith and M.Daw.

Fowardline:
N.Riewoldt, A.Didak, M.Pavlich, J.Brown, C.Rioli, D.Prestia and D.Petrie.
Bench:
J.Darling, C.Dixon and I.Smith.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Junktimer on December 18, 2010, 06:44:29 PM
backs: have said in every team i have seen him in, hurn was very bad this year.  and 427k is not cheap, as you have drummond i would get a premium or downgrade him to somebody like adcock.  guthrie whilst he may be highly rated, he plays for geelong and will have to compete with billie smedts for a spot which may not even exist this year for geelong.  cam richardson would be a much better option. -1

mids: myles sewell needs to be changed as he is not currently on a list.  wallis unlikely to get too many games this year as eadey has a bad history of playing first year players regularly.   -0.5

rucks: no worries there.

fwds: not quite sure why you have talia and waite on the same line, if on different lines MPP can be used.  i would get matera instead of dixon, and maybe isaac smith for talia. -1.

overall good team 7.5/10

can you rate my new team?
I disagree with you on Hurn. He had a stunning start to the year and underperformed due to being injured. Otherwise really nice feedback. Thanks.

I reopened the poll as my team is now complete and can be fully rated!

Junktimer

i wouldnt say hurny had a stunning start to the year.

scores of 106, 90, 91, 99, 109, 108 is good, but not great.  followed up by 68, 74, 73, 79, 33, 84, 60 backs me up.

round 21 he scored 101.  but he scored 80 in the first quarter!

i dont want someone who is like that, but thats just me.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Junktimer on December 18, 2010, 07:01:58 PM
i wouldnt say hurny had a stunning start to the year.

scores of 106, 90, 91, 99, 109, 108 is good, but not great.  followed up by 68, 74, 73, 79, 33, 84, 60 backs me up.

round 21 he scored 101.  but he scored 80 in the first quarter!

i dont want someone who is like that, but thats just me.
He scored those lower scores when he was injured during the game that is why so many are locking him in.

Junktimer

which brings me to my next point, he is injury prone.

past 4 seasons, has only played 65 out of 88 possible games.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Barlow 21 on December 18, 2010, 04:19:45 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 16, 2010, 05:13:20 PM
It's Barlow luigi he eeks every post so his tally goes up higher.
Hey! :(
I don`t overpost that much thankyou! :P
maybe the +1 might refresh ur memory? ;)

MajorLazer

I agree with Barlow about Hurn. He isn't a premium, but he can play like one if he gets 12-15 touches. I think he is well worth the risk.

Junktimer

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 18, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
I agree with Barlow about Hurn. He isn't a premium, but he can play like one if he gets 12-15 touches. I think he is well worth the risk.

yeah most do agree, guess im more in adcock's corner

Boomz

Hurn is a must have for SC next year imo. When he's fit he only needs 10-15 touches to get a ton. He's bound to have an injury run eventually.

MajorLazer