Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: hawka26 on December 20, 2010, 12:46:25 AM
u would think khawjja but however if punter puuls out on xmas day d.hussey or white

and they already named a squad unchanged no haurie :(
D.Hussy deserves his shot i reckon

RiOtChEsS

u would think khawjja but however if punter puuls out on xmas day d.hussey or white

wow really :-\ keen to see white in rate him highly

Boomz

That's BS ::) I'm not fan of him & he's that not a good player but seriously who is better?!

DazBurg

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 20, 2010, 12:51:03 AM
That's BS ::) I'm not fan of him & he's that not a good player but seriously who is better?!
who don't u rate?
white or hussey?

DazBurg

Quote from: Marcz on December 20, 2010, 12:48:53 AM

wow really :-\ keen to see white in rate him highly
i'd love to see white too Marcz but i doubt he'd play opener for hughes or come in for ponting is all

Hawka

i reckon they need to put white in for a few tests at 5 or 6
if he is goodenof the aussies have there nxt captain
even greg chappel dosetn belive in clrake he said tht clarke isnt the rite msn to take over rite now

Boomz

Quote from: DazBurg on December 20, 2010, 12:52:36 AM
Quote from: BOOMZ on December 20, 2010, 12:51:03 AM
who don't u rate?
white or hussey?
Was referring to no Hauritz in the Squad  ;) White & Hussey are both good.

DazBurg

Quote from: hawka26 on December 20, 2010, 12:54:48 AM
i reckon they need to put white in for a few tests at 5 or 6
if he is goodenof the aussies have there nxt captain
even greg chappel dosetn belive in clrake he said tht clarke isnt the rite msn to take over rite now
agree totally Hawka ;)

RiOtChEsS

dont get me wrong i dont see hauritz having a spot in the national team after this series we need to show some faith in the youth... but as far as right now 2 tests for all the marbles and we want to play a spinner id take hauritz over beer/smith for experience sake... i reckon stick with hughes as an opener he has done it well before on an international stage and he will come thru soon enough if he was told we r sticking with u for the rest of the series... i was meaning white/hussey for punter should he be no good... again id take white just on experience

roo boys!

I think Punter will come up fine, the MCG on boxing day is his roaming ground, he wouldn't miss it for the world 8)

Hawka

Khawaja Has been called up as a cover for punter

Alex7089

I would like to see him get a go but like R&B said if Punter is ever going to snap this form slump Boxing Day test is the place :)

8-6 Suited

Not with a broken finger he wont. Batsmen dont do well with broken fingers. He needs to rest and come back in the 5th test in Sydney.

BratPack

He should but he won't. Why they even put Khawaja on standby I'll never know

8-6 Suited

Its that selfish attitude that pissed me and most people I know off. He puts himself before the good of the national team.