Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: hawka26 on December 20, 2010, 12:07:28 AM
no alex he isnt
mayb we should bring ellyise perry into the team  ;)
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  ;D

RiOtChEsS

hauritz is a good cricketer... with where we r at he has to come in ahead of beer

Hawka

Quote from: Marcz on December 20, 2010, 12:09:50 AM
hauritz is a good cricketer... with where we r at he has to come in ahead of beer

thank god a fellow ff member who agress

DazBurg

i'm not a big fan of Hauritz but also not a hater but i reckon he should play instead of Smith
as much as his an up and coming player he didn't even bowl therefore a waste

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: hawka26 on December 20, 2010, 12:12:06 AM
Quote from: Marcz on December 20, 2010, 12:09:50 AM

thank god a fellow ff member who agress
i reckon we may stick with smith and the four pace attack it takes the pressure off johnson... with the ashes in the balance tho id rather see haurie then beer

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on December 20, 2010, 12:13:34 AM
i'm not a big fan of Hauritz but also not a hater but i reckon he should play instead of Smith
agreed... surely we intended to bowl him bcos he looks a bit like me as a batter unorthodox slogger

Alex7089

It is because the WACA is an extremely seam friendly pitch.
He would of bowled had he played in Melbourne/Sydney.

DazBurg

Quote from: Marcz on December 20, 2010, 12:16:12 AM
agreed... surely we intended to bowl him bcos he looks a bit like me as a batter unorthodox slogger
exactly i really have no idea why he played if they weren't going to bowl him would of been better off taking another batter
and i think going into the Melbourne test Hauritz would be better now to have more then Smith especially since he didn't bowl we dunno how he will go where as Hauritz we know he can do it

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 20, 2010, 12:17:53 AM
It is because the WACA is an extremely seam friendly pitch.
He would of bowled had he played in Melbourne/Sydney.
yeah i understand that part but then why pick him ahead of a better batter if he wasn't going to bowl much?

i'm sure going in they had plans to bowl him but knowing what the pitch is like they never would of had huge plans to bowl him meaning he didn't need to be there

Alex7089

But you don't want him debuting with an Ashes series tied 1-1. Good experience for him. Also he is actually a good bat. Khawaja etc. could of played but Smith fit the bill, he COULD bowl if he was required to.

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 20, 2010, 12:23:58 AM
But you don't want him debuting with an Ashes series tied 1-1. Good experience for him. Also he is actually a good bat. Khawaja etc. could of played but Smith fit the bill, he COULD bowl if he was required to.
true true
he was more of another option if needed

bring back ROY!!!!
actually sad to see that he won't be playing in the big bash and probably won't play in Australia again :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RiOtChEsS

id be more comfortable taking hauritz into the mcg and scg tests experience counts when the pressure is on... dont forget watto didnt roll his arm over either

Boomz

Who in for Hughes & Ponting if he doesn't come up?

DazBurg

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 20, 2010, 12:42:02 AM
Who in for Hughes & Ponting if he doesn't come up?
HODGE!!!!!!!!!

not gonna happen i know but woulda coulda shoulda been a great for australia

Hawka

u would think khawjja but however if punter puuls out on xmas day d.hussey or white

and they already named a squad unchanged no haurie :(