Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

That's contrary to what I heard this morning. I heard because of the green pitch, that it would be likely that Beer will miss and they will go with the four pacemen.

ossie85

Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2010, 11:33:12 AM
heard a whisper beer was in and that hilfy or sidds will be the unlucky drink carrier

Sniped me Fletch, I heard the exact same thing.

Hawka

TEST 3 starts today and because its at the waca a late start for alot of us..

ponting still unsure who will play the last 2 spots are between hilfy,siddle and beer and they could go woth 4 pace bowlers but i think that is stupid because we have watto and the last time australia played 4 pacers at the waca the pverate was slow and we got smashed cos it didnt favour the quicks as much as they thought but a good point of it is beer wont play

i reckon smith, johnson and hughes could b the x-factor of the end of this series

bomberboy0618

smith has to play. He will get quick runs with haddin, and can ACTUALLY SPIN THE BALL!

Hawka

dont worry BB he is a certainty unless the aussies wana go with 4 pace bowlers abd a spinner makin johnson number 7 :P which wont happen

bomberboy0618

Quote from: hawka26 on December 16, 2010, 09:26:43 AM
dont worry BB he is a certainty unless the aussies wana go with 4 pace bowlers abd a spinner makin johnson number 7 :P which wont happen
YES!
SMITH!!!
johnson could bat at 7 but the tail is shower as it is, i know they are there for bowling but at least you could bat like sids and huss v pakistan. Plz!

Hawka

Despite his golden pair harris is quite handy with the bat and a suitabel number 9 however haurtiz would of been beta  ::) dont no were beer bats let me check his stats

well he has hit 38 runs from 145 balls in 9 innings :/ very slow batter than if hilfy plays beer will be number 1o if sids plays beer will 11

Hawka

Scratch that beer bats at 11 if he plays rememberer hilfys stats  8)

bomberboy0618

Hawka

well hilfy has a avery quick 50 at test lvl and some other alrite performances

bomberboy0618

Quote from: hawka26 on December 16, 2010, 09:44:31 AM
well hilfy has a avery quick 50 at test lvl and some other alrite performances
nice :D
maybe he could do that this series plz :D

Hawka

well our tail has failed this series

ossie85

I hope Beer doesn't play. Normally I'd agree that it's stupid to play 5 pacemen, but Beer I don't trust.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2010, 11:10:04 AM

I hope Beer doesn't play. Normally I'd agree that it's stupid to play 5 pacemen, but Beer I don't trust.
i think he may get drunk with power

Hawka

Smith is good enof to take the full time roll but clarke must bowl some overs if beer dosent play