Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

I don't think Dougie's fit. That's why they dropped him.....but then I think if fitness is the big thing why did they recall Johnson?  :-\

ossie85

Bollinger going is a surprise...

You know, Siddle hasn't bowled that well apart from Day 1

Hawka

khawja batted nicely 2day stil not sure y he wasnt picked

Hawka

well haurtiz sold all his aussie gear but u cant say thats stupid he is the countrys best spinner he averges 33 with the ball in test cricket the only reason he was dropped was the selectors have rely rely high expectaions like warne and macgill ,,the selelctors need to relize that haurie is the best dosent matter if he can hardly spin the bowl he is the best spinner we got

BratPack

Quote from: hawka26 on December 13, 2010, 09:44:18 AM
well haurtiz sold all his aussie gear but u cant say thats stupid he is the countrys best spinner he averges 33 with the ball in test cricket the only reason he was dropped was the selectors have rely rely high expectaions like warne and macgill ,,the selelctors need to relize that haurie is the best dosent matter if he can hardly spin the bowl he is the best spinner we got

Hauritz the best?

Do I really need to break out the laughing gif again?

Hawka

BratPack

Hawka

Quote from: BratPack on December 13, 2010, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: hawka26 on December 13, 2010, 11:11:08 AM
well who is then

ANYONE NOT NAMED NATHAN HAURITZ!

cmon a actual spinner from australia who is stil playin cricket (not warney)

ossie85

Nathan Hauritz has proven himself the best spinner in Australia, and should be playing instead of Beer.

I don't actually think Beer will play... think it will be:

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

12th - Beer

Justin Bieber

I agree. Hauritz should really be given the shot ahead of an unknown to the majority of us.

He had a little interview after a match saying he hasn't been contacted by selectors since being dropped from the side. Hasn't been told what he did wrong or what he should work on.

Boomz

The problem is everyone including the selectors have too high hopes of spinners after Warne & even MacGill...

Justin Bieber

They'll never find players like them. They have to work with what is available.

They have to see that ::).

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on December 13, 2010, 01:55:18 PM

Nathan Hauritz has proven himself the best spinner in Australia, and should be playing instead of Beer.

I don't actually think Beer will play... think it will be:

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

12th - Beer

Going by what the selectors have said etc I'd say he'll play...

Hawka

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 13, 2010, 02:12:32 PM
The problem is everyone including the selectors have too high hopes of spinners after Warne & even MacGill...
and hogg is the odis...thats my point boomz

RiOtChEsS

heard a whisper beer was in and that hilfy or sidds will be the unlucky drink carrier