Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Have heard Marsh is a chance for the katich's spot...

Hawka

ive changed my mind
i want smith in for north
khawja in for katich
johnson in for dougie
haritz in for doerty
and move haddin to open

Hawka

but also with pacebowlers maybe we need to go outside the box

Copeland
swan
Cameron
Mckay
Bailey
Geeves

ossie85

Haddin can't open and be wicketkeeper, imagine wicketkeeping all day and then going out to bat? Is different in One day cricket.

So, move Hussey to open, and I'd be more inclined to agree!

... and has anyone seen how well Faulkner is bowling for Tassie? Why does he get no attention?

Alex7089

Because he is not from NSW ::) Geez ossie ::)
Haddin can't open, Hussey could do it though, he started as a top order batsman...

ossie85

Good point :)

Faulkner's 2010/11 Shield Season...

With the ball - 3 matches, 50.2 overs, 13 maidens, 163 runs, 14 wickets at the average of 11.64. Economy of 3.23, and the incredible strike rate of 21.5

With the bat he isn't bad either, nothing impressive this season with an average of 20, but great potential.

Hawka

well haritz got a century and took a 5 wicket haul at the WACA last week

and there is a fund runnin on the web lol to raise funds to get warney back

Boomz

lol yeah I saw that to Hawka they r actually getting a fair bit looked at it this morning and they had like 2000 just looked now & 3400... Won't happen though lol

Cicjose

Warnie Yes Please

Great work ossie i think faulkner should get a go just purely for a youth perspective. I don't see youth in Australia and i think a lot of players would be unhappy if they have to perform in every game for 2 years to 5 years just to get a look

Hawka

wats the link boomz i only saw it on the tv

valkorum

What about Cameron White coming in?

Hawka

i rely wat him to and he could be captain in a yr or 2 but the selctors wont pik him he dosent bowl enof now but he was picked just to play as a bowler in india so bating at 8 rely wasnt a chance to show his battin potetnial

bomberboy0618

Quote from: hawka26 on December 08, 2010, 09:35:09 PM
i rely wat him to and he could be captain in a yr or 2 but the selctors wont pik him he dosent bowl enof now but he was picked just to play as a bowler in india so bating at 8 rely wasnt a chance to show his battin potetnial
he will explode always, but will either get a lot of runs or not many at all.

valkorum

If he does explode and make a lot of runs then that is a lot more than the current middle order (apart from Hussey) are doing.  If he makes nothing the nothing has changed has it :)

Hawka