Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

BUT, bollinger has proved he is a good bowler at international level George struggled when playing for Aus A and Harris...Well I don't know much about him :P

bomberboy0618

DazBurg

harris is a gun but Dougie has Rug power!!!!....lol

Boomz

Harris & Bollinger ;D
North still there ::) ....

Hawka

geroges home ground is adelaide and in form

and harris played 2 tests for australia in NZ this yr and got 9 wickets @ 23 and has a odi averge of 16   :o in 17 matches with 41 wickets and can bat a bit with 6 50s at first class lvl and a averge of 20

8-6 Suited

Should be this bowling attack.

Harris, Bollinger, Siddle with Doherty and Smith. Watson can always bowl some Mediums.

Hilfy a rest for the Melbourne test. Not dropped but he looked knackered come day 5.

Hawka

WOO harris should play he is in form and hasnt done notin rong for australia at internatinaol lvl north is only in for his spin i reckon if he didnt bowl half decent he would of been dropped

DazBurg

exactly Hawka so they should drop Johnson and Hilfy (yes i know his loved but tell them to go sort themselves tain together if need be as in rocky get the Eye of the tiger back)

so have Siddle,Dougie,Harris,Watson and Smith

8-6 Suited

Daz, Watto doesntr count because he is an opening batsman primarily.

Alex7089

Watto used to be a middle order batsman but he transformed. Used to be more of a bowler and has opened the bowling attack for Australia in shorter forms of the game.

Hawka

line up will be same from1-7 harris-doerty(even tho i wanted hauritz back)-siddle-hilfy

DazBurg

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 29, 2010, 08:11:35 PM
Daz, Watto doesntr count because he is an opening batsman primarily.
damn u beat me to it

true but he can bowl
fine bring in that Mitch starc aswell
i know his young and raw but so was Siddle when they brought him in Starc is 6'5 and it adds another dimension when being bowled by the taller blokes they seem to bang it in more since they drop from a greater height
need different player to complement each other not all the same type
not saying your suggestion all the same type i mean in this first test with no swing happening which is Hilfy's biggest weapon they all became rather the same need a couple of different weapons working together

plus as much as starc is raw needs to blood some goddamn youth which is why Smith should play aswell

Alex7089

Starc!!!!!!!!!!!
Starc is my man he will be a star if he gets a shot. He and Smith :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 29, 2010, 08:19:51 PM
Starc!!!!!!!!!!!
Starc is my man he will be a star if he gets a shot. He and Smith :)
then since i mentioned bringing in both of them i have your support for my lineup...lol ;)

bomberboy0618

yeah we need to play youths as when warne and co were playing we didnt blood and we all know what happened :(