Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

I agree, I don't see it happening but it should have been already. However the Selectors have always loved NSW players and are too loyal to those currently in the squad than the best team we could make for international.

Master Q

Although I'd die for Hodgy, it goes against everything we've been trying to do.

Hussey is in form, North hasn't, and should go. Hodge is so old, and we need to inflict more youth into the squad, Ferguson isn't that old, and neither is the other 2 guys up for contention for No.6 (forgot them).

I'd really like to see Hughes come in though, the problem is Katich is in form and Watson is great at opening...

8-6 Suited

What we have been trying to do... is something we have YET to do. Hodge is 35, he is on par with others in the team. Punter is 36 I believe.

Master Q

Punters Captain, and is easily the best batsmen in Australia, you can't argue with that.

8-6 Suited

Stats-wise, but you can't honestly say form wise that he is. Because form wise, Hodge is.

I wasn't saying to drop Punter for Hodge, I was merely pointing out that Hodge is younger than him and in better form.

Katich is clearly hampered by a hamstring strain, whilst Clarkes back affected his running between wickets and his form is terrible. There is 2 spots that need filling, and I'm sorry... But Ferguson is in shower form and Kwahaja failed to a weaker bowling attack than what is the preferred bowling line up for the English team.

Master Q

I love Hodge, but who says he can keep up his form against World-Class bowlers, instead of the average, slow and boring bowlers at State-Level. If Katich comes out, The Selectors will put in Hughes no doubt. Drop Clarke? No, we want to win matches now and in the future.

roo boys!

I think Kwahaja should have another chance...

8-6 Suited

Clarke needs to rest. Not a permanant drop but he needs time to get his back right as he is in no shape to be playing top tier cricket.

Hughes in I don't mind, he has been doing well. But find me a better 2nd drop batsman right now than Hodge... I challenge you to do so.

As for keeping his form up, he plays/practises with world class bowlers in McKay and Siddle... Every week. He is highly experience and if this was FTP, a minimum of Spectatular experience.

Nuff said.

Alex7089

Would be better than spectacular he has played state forever (div 1.1)

Master Q

There not the best of the best I'd say, and Siddle and McKay aren't always around...

8-6 Suited

I said minimum, but you are right... He is world class.

Cicjose

Quote from: roo boys! on November 26, 2010, 07:19:21 PM
I think Kwahaja should have another chance...

What about Ferguson?????

roo boys!

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 26, 2010, 07:11:32 PM
Stats-wise, but you can't honestly say form wise that he is. Because form wise, Hodge is.

I wasn't saying to drop Punter for Hodge, I was merely pointing out that Hodge is younger than him and in better form.

Katich is clearly hampered by a hamstring strain, whilst Clarkes back affected his running between wickets and his form is terrible. There is 2 spots that need filling, and I'm sorry... But Ferguson is in shower form and Kwahaja failed to a weaker bowling attack than what is the preferred bowling line up for the English team.
Just about sums it up Cicjose.

Hawka

hussey batted great today i should of never doubted him.and ferguson has been in great shefield shild for and one day form

roo boys!

Quote from: hawka26 on November 26, 2010, 09:20:20 PM
hussey batted great today i should of never doubted him.and ferguson has been in great shefield shild for and one day form
yeah hussey was awesome :)