Main Menu

The Ashes Discussion Thread

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 25, 2010, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Clarke because Ponting is actually a good player under pressure (most of the time :P) a good bloke & a good player.
Clarke is just a knob.
Ponting :b

Hawka

grr u cant complain ponting for losing 3 series he has captained alomost the most tests and he has been has captained 4 series and lost al those players in 09 and 10//11

Cicjose

well had ponting had a say in selection and been smart he would have scouted the country for possible replacements and given the selectors a short-list of players he would like to see in the team

Hawka

u cant rely scout we ur playin  ::)

Cicjose

i meant in the time between the start of domestic season and the first test of the summer

HillHero13

Ponting didnt lose 3 ashes series in a row, he lost this one and the one before, thats 2...

He has lost 3 as captain overall.. and Clarke is a knob cricketer, but you have to give him time as captain, yeah his been vice but when your vice your ideas get put in and thrown out because the captain makes the decision..

i say Cic is worse for getting the Ponting stat wrong ;) im only joking..

8-6 Suited

Ponting has lost a few more series than 3 over-all though hasn't he?

Cicjose

sorry hill hero

Ricky Ponting remains the most successful Australian captain of all time, with 48 victories in 77 Tests since 2004 - 31 December 2010

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/25/3047301.htm

ossie85

Steve Waugh has a better percentage now. I'd say he is

I'm still a Bradman and Border fan myself ;)

Hawka

well smithy and johhno have gota do somefin ior we will see beer bowl be4 we all want to

roo boys!

Alex7089

I would laugh if Hilfy top scored :P I know he won't but still :p

roo boys!

ossie85

I have more confidence in Hilf scoring than Clarke.

Make the promotion to #10 count Hilfy!

Hawka

well i hear beer is a dud with the bat so lets hope these to amke 50s  ;D