Shortlisted, Could Be Good
0 (0%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
3 (30%)
50/50, We'll See
2 (20%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
3 (30%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Justin Bieber

Summary: Simon Black
Team: Brisbane                   Birthdate: 3 Apr 1979
Height: 186cm                     Weight: 82kg
Recruited: East Fremantle   State: WA
Games: 237                         Goals: 124 

The highly regarded verteran is embarking into his 14th season in the Lion's midfield. At the age of 31 right now (32 next season) he is surely past his Brownlow winning best and probably his fantasy peak. However, being the ball magnet that he is, no doubt he is still one of the best in the business. Although he is still one of the foal points in the Lion's midfield and should still see him score fairly well on a regular basis.

Past 3 seasons, a slow decline in his scores can be detected. But the thing that makes me come to him next year is his extra chances to shine. Sherman, Brennan and Rischitelli leaving could open up more room for Black to increase his Supercoach scores once again. He racks up 25+ possessions on a regular basis so if his kicking is on song, he can really be a great unqiue option.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $472,800
Position: Midfielder

Usually fairly consistent with his 90+ scores which could make him good value with that price with a few tons to throw in every now and again. Might be on the decline but reckon he should still be serviceable for another season with that price.

Decision:
I'm going to have to say unlikely for me to start with him. Although I love watching Black play, he is past his fantasy best and is on the slide. Age is against him but could be a solid upgrade target if scoring well during the year as he shouldn't slide too much. He's still a Star at Brisbane so would still expect a 90+ average at a minimum.

benjy251090

For me, he is too expensive to be a cash cow, and with Brisbane likely to do poorly next year (IMO) I don't know how he will score. He is also at that awkward price where you don't want to have to upgrade him, so more than likely it is unlikely, with a chance at being an upgrade target.

ossie85

I love Simon Black, and could very well slip into my team.

Seriously - Brownlow, Norm Smith, Triple Premiership Player, Multiple All-Aus... Why doesn't he get more attention?

ronl

As a general rule, the older they get the more time off the ground dealing with injuries. No from me.

Fletch74

He was a great player, but Brisbane are looking for new blood!! I don't know if he will get as much time on the ball as he use to, thus he will not be in my plans for next year.

A superstar in his day, but no, not anymore.

BoredSaint

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 25, 2010, 09:40:55 AM
He was a great player, but Brisbane are looking for new blood!! I don't know if he will get as much time on the ball as he use to, thus he will not be in my plans for next year.

A superstar in his day, but no, not anymore.
Where else can he play besides the midfield? Although I agree with you guys, past his best.

However, he still is quality and SC have a set amount of points that's allocated to each match. If he has an influence in a youth blooding team, he could see his scoring inflated a tad.

Boomz

Past his best & age will catch up with him. No from me.

MajorLazer

Maca24

still a gun. but cant see much upside

Junktimer

has been a great player over the years, but is 31 and an awkward price.  cant see too much upside from blacky.

highly unlikely.

nas

Like an old wine Matures with age. Smokie for me, so a maybe