Started by Hellopplz, November 24, 2010, 10:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will You Be Going For Him?

Locked In, GUN
Shortlisted, Could Be Good
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
50/50, We'll See
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?

Justin Bieber

Summary: Ivan Maric
Team: Adelaide                     Birthdate: 4 Jan 1986
Height: 198cm                      Weight: 102kg
Recruited: Calder Cannons   State: VIC
Games: 77                            Goals: 26 

Who would think to look at a soon to be 25 year old Ruckman playing for a young team? Ruckman take time to reach their peak, so by that standard, Maric is bound for a breakout season sometime soon isn't he? He showed that he is more than capable of doing so early this season posting scores of: 59 121 56 78 96 90 55 63 95 87 over the first 11 rounds (missed round 1). He just got worse from there but last season was the most games he's ever played in a whole year. I've got to admit he could be a smokie if given the chance.

Maric is quite a solid player. He's not great but he's far from bad. He is a typical tap ruckman but has been working on his overall game more recently. He gets 10+ possessions almost every game along with his usually 10-25 hitouts. As shown above, he can go forward occasionally and kick some goals, with 26 to date. He can go up for a pack mark well which is great for Supercoach with the contested mark getting more points. But I've got to say, what impresses me the most about this big fellow is the defensive side to his game. He chips in with 2-3 tackles most games which is pretty good for a ruckman when most of them are fairly slow. I want to highlight a round 11 game against Fremantle though: 16 hit outs and 13 disposals plus 7 tackles. I mean 7 tackles for a ruckman is pretty stunning in this fast paced game.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $337,100
Position: Ruck

He is a pretty solid option for those who like taking some risk with their rucks. He's not too expensive if you are looking to save and if he doesn't fade, could prove to be a bargain. Although many like the 1 premium, 1 cheapie ruck combo and Petrie will dominate the selections there.

Decision:
I really like the guy. For that reason, I'll give him a shortlist. I'm one usually for a set and forget pair so I don't like his chances. However, if he does well pre season and he works on his fitness, I think he could be quite a smokie to bolt up the ruck rankings. A Ruckman who can do more than tap a ball is pretty good for Supercoach.

Junktimer

HP on fire tonight!

but no. no way from me

Justin Bieber

Lol JT :P. Yeah, I'm really bored :'(.

No more school and don't want my PS2 to burn out ;D.

Junktimer

yeah haha

just thought id let you know than in your last two, theres an incorrect apostrophe usage in the uniques.  someone had to say it haha

Justin Bieber

There's bound to be mistakes. Think I got HP's and Uniques mixed up :-[. I'll fix them now. Thanks JT ;).

It was for my first and third piece tonight. Mackay seemed to escape it...... Could be a good sign for him!!! :P.

MajorLazer

Adelaide are popular right now. :P

Don't think I'll take him but you never know.

Justin Bieber

It's not so much that they're popular, it's more so that I'm going by team order :P.

Might get another 1 or 2 up tonight.

BoredSaint

MajorLazer

Yer I worked out that you were doing team order. When or if you get to Hawthorn. Do Clinton Young's profile.

Justin Bieber

Didn't plan to do Clinton Young, But added him to my list. But expect another 30 or so profiles before I get to him :o.

MajorLazer

Ok it's just he has has a great long kick, similar to Hurn, but has been injured so hasn't played that much over the last couple of seasons.

Junktimer

the junktimer will join in on this mammoth quest when his exams are over..

MajorLazer

Ah yes. Dreaded exams. Finished them last week. ;D

Justin Bieber

I finished exams last week and now have too much time on my hands. At least I'll get holiday homework next week to keep me occupied.

I think some people had their eye on Young this year. I know about his kick but doubt he'll reach Hurn's status. Although his kick is quite booming :P.

MajorLazer

He could be good off half back for the Hawks, but needs a better defensive game to play there. Has played on the wing when not injured and has the ability to kick goals on the run.

I had to exhaggerate a little. No one is as good a kick as Hurn. :P