Unlikely
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

ossie85

Dyson Heppell

Summary:

When you're considered a bargain pick at #8, you know this kid has the potential to be special.  A bombers fan his whole life, and picked up by his idol James Hird. A 'line-breaking' defender who could turn into a genuine midfielder. That is the perfect recipe for supercoach.

Possible MPP?
Dream Come True

In the AFL's recently released 120e evaluation statistics, with Heppell ranked at #3 behind only Dion Prestia (pick 9) and Josh Caddy (pick 7).

AFL 120e Stats

The Crystal Ball:

Based on m0nty's fanplanner

Price: $177,500

Position: DEF/MID

Essendon doesn't have the greatest depth. I'd expect Heppell to get games early! Rumours of a groin injury, but from what I can tell, are just rumours.

Should get MPP given his time in both defence and the midfield last year.

Decision:

Damn well near a lock really. He is pricey for a rookie, but quality rookie defenders are always hard to find. Quality MPP mid/def rookies? Well, a dream come true.

BoredSaint

WOW a bit pricey.. Why are all the draft picks so much more expensive then previous years?? ??? ???

ossie85

They've been getting pricier every year, and I think the trend will continue as a lot of draft players are ready made AFL players these days

BoredSaint

thats not fair for us.. :P
and this will be the 200th post for me :) :)

S_Coach99

hmm wasn't going to pick, then Mpp changed things slightly, considering. Hodge/Goddard also mpp, could be handy... but does beg the question... how long will he be in my team for... might just go with my original plans

Fletch74

Justin Bieber

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 24, 2010, 12:52:01 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on November 24, 2010, 10:33:04 AM
He's in my team :) Go Dons
Too True :-*.

Congratz BS 8).
i'm so far off, but i don't see the point in making aimless posts to boost stats.

on Heppell, definitely on the short-list, almost a lock if MPP - relying on HP, BB and Boomz as the bombers fans to keep an eye on him for us.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Everybody can get there eventually ;).

I only wish I could go to Essendon training. Only been once since it's so far away :'(.

Also, Apparently Hird has said Heppell isn't certain to play despite our need for a decent player who can play off half back/help the midfield.

Boomz

The recruiting guy said the appeal of Heppell is he is ready to go but then Hird came out & said that so it sends a bit of a mixed message... I hope he plays.

j959

love Hirdy, playing mind games with the young kids already!  ;)

brodman_18

The idea is to ease him into senior footy.
May not play all games early but you would think the need for him will be too great to ignore.

Maca24

brod they just say that to ease the pressure on the kids. dyson should play regular games and is just about a lock for me.

j_smith15

Quote from: ossie85 on November 24, 2010, 09:21:13 AM

They've been getting pricier every year, and I think the trend will continue as a lot of draft players are ready made AFL players these days

It has nothing to do with players being 'ready-made' for AFL. For both SC and DT, every 1st round draftee has an inflated price compared to 2nd round and lower draftees, and it's determined by their draft order.

Once the base draftee price is determined (~$90,000 to $100,00), the price for each player in round 1 (starting at pick 25) is then increased incrementally (the increase is generally around 5% of the base draftee price) so that the number 1 draft pick is the most expensive of all the draftees.

So the reason that players such as Swallow, Bennell etc are so much more expensive this year is because there were 25 picks in round 1, instead of the normal 16, due to GC having all the extra picks.

Hope that helps guys!

ossie85

You are correct j_smith! But the prices for various picks have been getting more expensive every year. David Swallow is more expensive than Tom Scully who was more expensive than Jack Watts, etc... Back in the day they were all roughly the same. No where near the $200k who have to pay for a player who has never played before.

So yes, I think it is to do with the 'ready-made' for AFL, the fantasy footy guys are trying to make it harder to pick the bargains by making the obvious ones (first round selections) more expensive.