MTTY DT- ROOKIE MIDFIELD

Started by MTTY, November 23, 2010, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Decided that in DT it is a lot easier to score points in the midfield then in SC, as efficiency doesn't matter. So i have been thinking with such high talent in the midfield draftees this year. Why not just use them and make a powerful team around it.

B- B.Goddard, L.Hodge, J.Kelly
  G.Broughton, N.Malceski, B.Symes, B.Deledio

C- D.Swallow, A.Gaff, J.Polec
    D.Heppell, B.Smith, S.Atley

R- A.Sandilands, D.Petrie

F- P.Chapman, L.Franklin, A.Didak
  C.Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, S.Day

BB- B.Jacobs, M.Watson, T.Mzungu

CB- A.Krakouer, M.Weller, D.McNeil

RB- S.Lycett, Z.Smith

FB- P.Karnezis, J.Darling, D.Talia

$8,053,100

Thoughts on this method and the team?

browny_wce

Been done before but possible.
Would not have Malceski in the backs
U Shud be able to stock the other lines if youve gone rookies in ur mids

bomberboy0618

smart and with the money left over could work

Justin Bieber

Midfield rookies could pull it off this season. Could be just as good as this years batch if not better ;).

Interesting with all the combos that could be used next season.

dale93

benjy251090

It is in an interesting concept and I like it, how much exactly is left over?

Cicjose

Alphaman

crap side.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND FOCUS ON A REAL TEAM

stevemac

I like your team.

Clearly the situations changed with so many Gold Coast draftees looking to play lots of games in 2011 but maybe you might like to see what happened when I employed the same tactic last year.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,8788.msg55447.html

browny_wce

Also gotta see if all those kids start.

valkorum

MTTY

Quote from: Cicjose on November 23, 2010, 11:02:02 PM
Who is M Weller?
He along with Luke Russell are the 17 year old recruits for GC from Tassie if they were in the draft they were said to have gone top 15

MTTY

only using this strategy as i pay loads more attention to SC then DT so thought i would experiment in DT this year

j959

thanks stevemac & valkorum on sharing your strategy posts - really interesting to see the progression of those teams.

valkorum

Quote from: j959 on November 24, 2010, 07:34:15 PM
thanks stevemac & valkorum on sharing your strategy posts - really interesting to see the progression of those teams.

No worries.  It is a viable strategy you just gotta do your research and pick the right rookies.  I think it is a viable strategy again this year because of the depth of rookie midfielders.  Just make sure you do your research about the byes and what clubs are not playing.  Dont want to get stuck with no cover in your midfield.