New Tactic for DT 2011

Started by Swannies, November 23, 2010, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swannies

Since there is an incredible depth of talent at this year's draft, I was thinking of potentially starting with this team:

DEF         

Brendon Goddard   Josh Toy      
Luke Hodge           Tendai Mzungu      
Brian Lake               Ben Jacobs      
Brett Deledio            
Greg Broughton            
Andy Otten            
Dyson Heppell            

MID            

David Swallow          Joel Wilkinson      
Nathan Foley          Andrew Krakouer      
Brock McLean          Luke Parker      
Jayden Pitt            
Shaun Atley            
Andrew Gaff            

RUC            

Aaron Sandilands    Scott Lycett      
Dean Cox                  Zac Smith      

FWD            

Paul Chapman          Jed Lamb      
Lance Franklin          Brandon Matera      
Alan Didak          Dion Prestia      
Nick Riewoldt            
Brad Green            
Colin Sylvia            
Dale Thomas            

Premiums/Mid-price/Cheap/Rookie: 13/1/11/8

Cash left over: $21,600

I'd like to know what you guys think as I believe this could definitely work in winning league or maybe even the car if things work out the right way.

Thanks.

ossie85

Though it may work with winning a league eventually, I think you'll get creamed in the overall rankings early on. Midfield is non-existent

Forward line is quite scary though! Daisy at #7? Phew

Alphaman

you will lose 300 points a week in the mids and be trying to scrape it together with hit and miss forwards.

wouldnt mind playing you this year haha

Holz

if i were you i would drop chapman to drew petrie and upgrade mclean to swan for captinancy, will get destroyed in the overall rankings but could be really dangerous towards the end of the season if you get into the 8.

you only have 8 players left to upgraqde, so thats 16 double trades and 8 left over, if the rookies all play, you will make soo much money and i woudlnt like to see you come up against me when the finals come.

DT87

It's certainly an interesting team, but I don't believe it is possible to finish in the top 100 with a team that has an 8 rookie/cheapie midfield and no room for improvement in the forward line. I agree that you will build up to an excellent team for the last few rounds, but you'll be scoring pretty low up until about Round 9, so you'll have to outscore everyone else by an average of about 100 points per round for the rest of the game (which is impossible, since there will be some people with a very similar team to you) to win the car.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someone won the car with a 5 rookie midfield, but I don't think even a 6 rookie midfield is a good strategy if your aim is to win the car, never mind 7 or 8 rookies. You really need to be averaging well over 2000 right from the start of the game.

Also, starting both Didak and Thomas is a bad idea if you are going for a league win. Their two byes will really cost you.

Hawka

looks like a unbeatble team once u upgrade most of the middies great defence,great ruck,great forwards maybe downgrade a fwd or ruc to get a 450k middie

browny_wce

dunno if Jayden Pitt will step right into the Dockers team aswell
Freo will wanna fit Mzungu (another running back), Faulks (replace Tarrant) and Griffin (replace Clarke) into the team straight away
and theres plenty of other better talent out there

Master Q

Brock Mclean? *Cracks Up Laughing*

Jeez Mclean? Seriously.

Cicjose

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Master Q on November 28, 2010, 02:40:59 PM
Brock Mclean? *Cracks Up Laughing*

Jeez Mclean? Seriously.
:P i stopped reading the team once i saw him

knightmare

McClean had a much lower dt than his previous 4 so he has the potential but at Carlton with Juddy, Carrazzo, Biggs, Murphy, Simpson and even Grigg if he comes back. Theres no room for him to get big scores.

Silvia burnt me this year scored high on games i had won easily and score shower on the ones i need a good score. Goodes and Pav and much better options.

Sandi/Cox does anyone else get the impression there both on the way down

Joel Wilkinson i watched his progress at the draft and this guy was impressive. Lightning quick great jump great agility and not gonna get many games. Too young and hasnt played enough junior footy. He'll be lost against the big boys. Danny Stanley is a gold coast midfielder priced at 84k. He was listed in there best 5 times so i think much more likely to get game time.

cookie311993

that young swallom looks like he will be an absolute gun and hopefully he leads the GC with Ablett around and win heaps of games. Melbourne has some good youngsters as well.  Jack trengrove and one other. they would be good for any team

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on November 30, 2010, 01:47:36 PM
that young swallom looks like he will be an absolute gun and hopefully he leads the GC with Ablett around and win heaps of games. Melbourne has some good youngsters as well.  Jack trengrove and one other. they would be good for any team
Jack Trengove is a 2nd Year Player, which means he shouldn't be in any team in 2011.

valkorum

Quote from: Master Q on November 30, 2010, 06:27:43 PM
Jack Trengove is a 2nd Year Player, which means he shouldn't be in any team in 2011.

There is the whole 2nd year blues myth  ;)  The reason I wouldnt have him is because of his price, too expensive and not a proven gun.

j959

Quote from: valkorum on November 30, 2010, 07:15:48 PM
Quote from: Master Q on November 30, 2010, 06:27:43 PM

There is the whole 2nd year blues myth  ;)  The reason I wouldnt have him is because of his price, too expensive and not a proven gun.
Isn't that what Q meant?