Draft Rankings

Started by Cicjose, November 22, 2010, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

TOP 10 AFL120e EVALUATION SCORES FOR 2010

"People look for a bottom line, especially the players themselves, and we had so many elements in our testing that we were keen to put together an overall score," AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan told afl.com.au.

"We felt 120 was a good number as it's the number of minutes played in a game. It's a figure we can relate to in footy."

Under the new system, the total of 120 points is divided so that 60 are allocated to skills, 40 are allocated to a player's athleticism and 20 are allocated to mental skills.

Rank   Player   Score   Drafted by
1   Dion Prestia    96.15   Gold Coast (pick 9 )
2   Josh Caddy   94.85   Gold Coast (pick 7 )
3   Dyson Heppell   90.93   Essendon (pick 8 )
4   Mitch Wallis   90.75   Western Bulldogs (pick 22, f/s )
5   Ben Jacobs   90.17   Port Adelaide (pick 16 )
6   Andrew Gaff   89.43   West Coast Eagles (pick 4 )
7   Alex Fasolo   87.08   Collingwood (pick 45 )
8   Tom Liberatore   86.05   Western Bulldogs (pick 41, f/s )
9   Jamie Cripps   85.73   St Kilda (pick 24 )
10   Lucas Cook   85.70   Melbourne (pick 12 )

* No.1 pick in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, David Swallow, was not tested as he was already guaranteed a spot on Gold Coast's list.

* No.2 pick Harley Bennell was unable to take part in the testing due to injury.

* No.3 pick Sam Day did not complete the full range of testing as the combine clashed with the SANFL grand final. In the testing he was involved in, Day achieved a score of 75.5 out of 95. It is likely he would have been ranked in the top three if he had completed the rest of the testing.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105497/default.aspx

Justin Bieber

Going off that, you could say the Doggies got 2 bargains 8).

Pestia not suprisingly up there. Didn't think he would get top but somebody's got to ;).

Cicjose

Should be happy with Heppell's effort then Hello?

Justin Bieber

He should of gone top 5 easily. Was suprised he slipped down to us. Didn't think that would happen and would of been happy with Atley.

Everybody knows Heppell is a gun 8). Would of gone top 3 if GC didn't have the first 3 :P.

elephants

heard good things of caddy so might be able to sneak him and libretore in the mids

hopefully prestia is a f/c :D

Cicjose

From what i have heard Jacobs is a gun as well

BGK

Fasolo may have been a bargain at pick 45.

ronl

Don't know if you guys saw the article yesterday, but Hird says that there's no guarantee Heppell will get many games next year, he wants to bring him along very slowly.  So tread warily there.

elephants

i am going to look at that comment from hirdy as positively as i can and i am going to say that opens another mid sport for me yay :)

also... have a source mate?

Cicjose

any smokies in rookie draft to look out for?

Justin Bieber

Myles Sewell for sure. Not many other names pop to mind but haven't really researched it much :P.

Cicjose

you have all been a great help in providing information for next year's competition (the last season i averaged nearly 2000 points a game, (1980 ppg) now i want to get to an average of 2200 and do well overall)

Justin Bieber

I averaged about 2125 this last season and ranked somewhere in the 40k's!!!

I improved my average by about 150 from the previous year in which I finished 7k :o. Quite a dramatic drop but I'm happy I improved my average since I was aiming for that.

Good luck Cicjose ;). Hopefully you can get that big jump up :D. I know I want to again :P.

Cicjose

i was surprised last year because i knew the year before the average was only about 2200 to win overall. Last season it was closer to 2400 :(