1 (5.6%)
No way, Jose
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

The Truth

Josh Toy

Links:

http://goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/josh-toy/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/in-toys-world/story-fn53khop-1225867402487

Summary:

Josh Toy, the young man from the Aberfeldie football club in the Essendon and District Football League. was regarded as a certain top three draft selection by most recruiters, before the Gold Coast swooped.

Toy is a medium sized defender (185cms, 87kgs), known for his poise across half back and his penetrating kicking. Toy turns 19 in April next year and assuming he remains injury free, he is expected to be a certain starter for the Suns in Round 2 2011.

Here is a quick snapshot of Toy’s last three years of footy:

2008 - Represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 16 National Championships.

2009 - Represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 18 National Championships, played 5 matches, averaged 21 disposals per game and made the All Australian team. Toy also played for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup and his school side, Pentleigh and Essendon Grammar (PEGS).

2010 - Toy has played three games for the Gold Coast in the VFL and has been named in the best twice. Toy is playing most of his footy with his school side PEGS, as he completes his schooling in Melbourne.

For those of you unfamiliar with the private school football competition in Melbourne, let me tell you that it is a very strong competition. The majority of Melbourne metropolitan draftees play in this competition in Years 11 and 12. Toy first played First XVIII football for PEGS when he was in Year 8, which is truly remarkable.

Having played the majority of his junior career across half back, let’s hope we can select Toy as a defender in 2011.

Crystal Ball:

Based on m0nty's fanplanner: $87,500

Most likely rookie priced.

Decision:

Much like most cheap GC defence options, there is an issue over whether or not their job security is too reliable.  However Josh Toy, whilst being a defender, is touted as a super talent across half back.  David Swallow was quoted as saying on the draft night that Josh Toy would have gone ahead of him at pick 1 if GC hadnt already signed him.  Whilst Swallow was maybe being a tad modest, it is still a huge rap for Toy, and it has been said that if available, he would have gone top 3 in the draft this year.

From what I've heard, he is just about a lock, definite short list.

Will you select Josh Toy in 2011?

benjy251090

Yeah, short listed with maybe being a lock, might take 5 rookies up back unless mzungu doesnt play round 1

roo boys!

Quote from: The Truth on November 21, 2010, 04:24:19 PM
Josh Toy

Links:

http://goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/josh-toy/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/in-toys-world/story-fn53khop-1225867402487

Summary:

Josh Toy, the young man from the Aberfeldie football club in the Essendon and District Football League. was regarded as a certain top three draft selection by most recruiters, before the Gold Coast swooped.

Toy is a medium sized defender (185cms, 87kgs), known for his poise across half back and his penetrating kicking. Toy turns 19 in April next year and assuming he remains injury free, he is expected to be a certain starter for the Suns in Round 2 2011.

Here is a quick snapshot of Toy’s last three years of footy:

2008 - Represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 16 National Championships.

2009 - Represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 18 National Championships, played 5 matches, averaged 21 disposals per game and made the All Australian team. Toy also played for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup and his school side, Pentleigh and Essendon Grammar (PEGS).

2010 - Toy has played three games for the Gold Coast in the VFL and has been named in the best twice. Toy is playing most of his footy with his school side PEGS, as he completes his schooling in Melbourne.

For those of you unfamiliar with the private school football competition in Melbourne, let me tell you that it is a very strong competition. The majority of Melbourne metropolitan draftees play in this competition in Years 11 and 12. Toy first played First XVIII football for PEGS when he was in Year 8, which is truly remarkable.

Having played the majority of his junior career across half back, let’s hope we can select Toy as a defender in 2011.

Crystal Ball:

Based on m0nty's fanplanner: $87,500

Most likely rookie priced.

Decision:

Much like most cheap GC defence options, there is an issue over whether or not their job security is too reliable.  However Josh Toy, whilst being a defender, is touted as a super talent across half back.  David Swallow was quoted as saying on the draft night that Josh Toy would have gone ahead of him at pick 1 if GC hadnt already signed him.  Whilst Swallow was maybe being a tad modest, it is still a huge rap for Toy, and it has been said that if available, he would have gone top 3 in the draft this year.

From what I've heard, he is just about a lock, definite short list.

Will you select Josh Toy in 2011?
My school ;) Have watched him play (as he is older than me) and he is just amazing :o Locked him in my team for sure.

Master Q

Very Nice Write Up.

Not Locked, but is up for contention.

Boomz

Not a big fan of him but majority of GC's rookies have to be looked at just coz they will get games...

The Truth

cheers Q,

how can you not love him BOOMZ?

Barlow 21

ossie85

His price might put him ahead of other Gold Coast options....

The all-gold-coast cash cow method could have some merit! Kill you in rounds 1 and 9, but other benefits could be huge

BoredSaint

roo boys!

Justin Bieber

Shortlisted for me. Will depend on his job sercurity.

MajorLazer

He is in nearly all of my fanplanner teams. Think he will be big. Almost a lock.

roo boys!

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 21, 2010, 11:06:08 PM
Yeah I'm hoping he should play most games, he seems a pretty important part of GC's structure.

Fletch74

GC rookies all the way... Hope he is that price :)

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on November 22, 2010, 07:48:39 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 21, 2010, 11:06:08 PM
Yeah I'm hoping he should play most games, he seems a pretty important part of GC's structure.
Toy goes to your school, and heppell goes to mine! haha  :)