Main Menu

Kangaroo bargains

Started by Simple Jack, November 19, 2010, 12:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple Jack

Well done North, great draft picks. Who would have thought we could have got such bargains in Shaun Atley and Kieren Harper. I was hoping to get Issac Smith, but we have done even better.I never thought Atley would go so late. Harper at 27 is a steal he is all class.

elephants

havent seen a whole lot of harper to be honest but you have done well with atley, will be a a bargain for dt too :) 

Boomz

Bargain in atley & harper too :o both verrry good... Atleys kicking is the main turn off but other than that he is a gun.

roo boys!

Yeah very happy to get Atley at 17! :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on November 19, 2010, 08:40:25 AM
Yeah very happy to get Atley at 17! :D
Anything above 10 was a bargain for him ;). His work ethic will fix his problems sooner rather than later. Under Brad Scott's regime will only do him well 8).

Cicjose

is he worth considering come AFL DT opening day?

Justin Bieber

At his price, Definately. He was touted as top 5/10 for a reason ;).

He might be on the fringes/bench to start with although with teh Roo's rebuilding their midfield, might actually start from the get go. But hard to tell right now.

roo boys!

Yeah Boomer will play more and more time in the forward line, with the young midfield he may get a start early, alongside Swallow, Anthony and Ziebell to name a few.

Maca24

kangas should be stoked. can see them being top 8 soon.  :)

Simple Jack

I dont know how much game time Atley will get,the midfield seems pretty well stocked. Swallow, Bastinac, Adams, Anthony, Greenwood, Cunnington, Ziebell, and hopefully a fit Wells. Then does he pass Mcmillian and Speight. By the look of him he will be a future gun, but will he be worth the pick this year?

roo boys!

i have to admit, i haven't seen that much of him, but i think he could hold speight out of the team that little bit longer...

BoredSaint

does that mean atley's price will drop considerably since h'es not top ten?? cause now im interested :)

Justin Bieber

Still picked in the first round so will be a little extra but not as high as the top 10 picks would be.

BoredSaint

hes listed as 132k on fanplanner.. would imagine he could be slightly cheaper.. was at the very end of round 1. so maybe 116kish

Cicjose

Quote from: Simple Jack on November 19, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
I dont know how much game time Atley will get,the midfield seems pretty well stocked. Swallow, Bastinac, Adams, Anthony, Greenwood, Cunnington, Ziebell, and hopefully a fit Wells. Then does he pass Mcmillian and Speight. By the look of him he will be a future gun, but will he be worth the pick this year?

you have to be happy depth wise though Jack