Will post a bit straight of the afl site on the players we picked
ISAAC SMITH
Former club:North Ballarat / Redan
DOB:30/12/1988
Height:187cm
Weight:75kg
Position:Forward
PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Medium forward who has enjoyed a meteoric rise in recent months. Began the 2010 season playing with Redan in the Ballarat league in central Victoria. Was part of the Victorian team that won the national bush footy championships and was then invited to play with North Ballarat in the VFL. By the end of the year he had played in a VFL premiership. Has exceptional pace,

MITCH HALLHAN
Former club:Dandenong Stingrays / Sorrento
DOB:23/08/1992
Height:184cm
Weight:81kg
Position:Midfielder
PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Remarkably agile and strong for his age, and not afraid to win his own ball. All-Australian team member in the 2010 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, where he averaged 20 disposals at 66 per cent efficiency with an average of five tackles. Most of those disposals were earned from hard-ball gets.

ANGUS LITHERLAND
PLAYER STATISTICS
Former club:Claremont / Ongerup
DOB:12/10/1992
Height:190cm
Weight:86kg
Position:Defender
PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Big defender with immense marking ability and deft disposal by hand and foot. Strong endurance gives him a lot of run out of defence, and he is skilled at spoiling. Averaged 10 disposals a match at the 2010 NAB AFL U18 Championships.

PAUL PUOPOLO
Former club:Norwood / Hope Valley
DOB:02/12/1987
Height:175cm
Weight:75kg
Position:Defender
PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Mature-age small utility who has evolved from a hard-working goalsneak into a running back-pocket. Has played four seasons of senior footy for the SANFL's famous Redlegs.

will update the later piks

Hawka

and we pass last pick really  really happy with smith,hallhan and litherland dont know who the last pik was tho

Boomz

Good picks... The last guy is a gun too.

Master Q

Great players. Well done Hawks.

Hawka

im very very happy with them would of like jed lamb but not complaining

Hawka

chris pelchen on sen has just said our last pick is a replacement for browny small,tough and a rely good player and with the hawks pass bruce said its a big chance that bruce may go in the pre seaon draft

hawk_88

I was just going to say that Puopolo looks like he could replace Brown.

Not sure what you are saying about Bruce though.

Hawka

the interviewer asked pelchen "by taking the pass does this mean u will take bruce in the pre season" plechen said he is training with the club and its possible..not exact words but not to fair of

hawk_88

Oh I am with ya. They took the pass as they only had one spot left on the list and that spot is going to Bruce.

Hawka

anyways wats ur thoguhts on the first 3 picks hawks

hawk_88

Saw Smith play in the VFL Prelim for North Ballarat. Was one of the plays that made me look him his number in the record, did some nice things. My mate who is a Roos supporter who also follows North Ballarat closely as well had hoped he would go to North. Apparently most expected him to go to the GC pick 13 or earlier so seems like a great pick up. Has pace and can play either forward or midfield so I think we might look to get him to play as a smallish forward as we really need pace. Might also look to play him on the wing.

Don't know much about Hallahan however again seems like many expected him to go in the first round so seems like a good pickup. Given our abundance of inside players I doubt he will play this year at least, be being an young 18 year old we have some time to develop him.

You could tell the Hawk's were thrown by having the above two as options given how long it took them to make a decision.

Litherland is apparently rated by some as the second best key defender in the draft. Surprises me that he went so late given how valuable young key position players are, especially key defenders, but I haven't seen any of him so I can't really make a call on that either way. He seems a bit short to play as a key defender but if he has strength and can leap this isn't the end of the world.

Justin Bieber

Doubt Hallahan will play next year :'(. He is a good inside player and is able to tackle and give that extra pressure. Is quite a leader on field and really hit his form half way through the TAC cup with the Stingrays which prompted him to be judged as a possible first round pick. I might also add he can kick some goals running through the midfield ;).

Maca24

was looking at hallahan for SC to  :(

Hawka

he may play later on in the year

hawk_88