9 (64.3%)
No
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Barry Hall

2010 Stats
Games: 21
Total Score: 1718 (Ranked 90th overall, 19th amongst forwards)
Average Score: 81.81 (Ranked 137th overall, 30th amongst forwards)
High: 153 (Round 8 )
Low: 29 (Round 7)
Standard Deviation: 38.62
Centuries: 8 out of 21
Starting Price: $366,000
High Price: $446,700 (round 18 )
Low Price: $352,800 (round 22)

Summary:

The apparent saviour of the Western Bulldogs, Barry Hall had a wonderful 2010, better than the most optimistic Dogs supporters would have hoped for. While Barry Hall didn't bring them the flag the maligned Doggies crave, his 73.31 put him into the All-Australian team and gave the Bulldogs structure.

Fantasy wise though, Hall's 2010 did not match the output of 2008, and fell well short of his glory years in 2005 and 2006 where he averaged 131.8 and 117.7 respectively. Hall still provided value for coaches with a cheap starting price, but his inconsistency frustrated many. Scoring consecutive centuries only once! An interesting stat is that in matches after he scored a century, Hall averaged only 71.25, but in matches after he scored 52 or less, he averaged 95!

Hall's SC scoring in 2010 was entirely reliant on goal kicking - not surprisingly. His correlation between goals and SC score is 0.91 - basically meaning that when Hall scores goals, his SC is high, and when he doesn't, he SC is low. If Hall has a quiet day in the goal square, his SC will be low, which isn't always true with other power forwards like the Riewoldts and Brown.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $434,500

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $413,700

Position: FWD

I would be very surprised if Hall improved in 2011, but will still score a few centuries. He is getting old, and maybe the last roll of the dice for the Dogs this year.

Decision:

I persevered with Hall all season last year, and had my ups and down. It is unlikely I'll catch that roller-coaster again though, as he is more expensive and I can't see him getting more consistent.

benjy251090

I actually think he will be more consistent this year as he will be more used to the playing structure of the dogs, but that doesn't mean I will choose him as he is too expensive for a cash cow, and too inconsistent to keep come finals.

Master Q

If he starts under the 400k mark, you could be an option, but don't think that'll happen. Sorry Bazza.

Fletch74

Not this year Bazza, you hurt me last year too much, plus the Doggies have other options now in the fwd line

benjy251090

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 17, 2010, 02:15:11 PM
Not this year Bazza, you hurt me last year too much, plus the Doggies have other options now in the fwd line
With this though, he will get a little less attention (IE not getting double teamed in every contest). I found he dominated his opponent one on one but struggled against two or three opponents.

BoredSaint

probably not.. is due to smash someone again soon

Maca24

loved having bazza last year. yes he scored some 30s but it comes with a key frwd.
no from me though think dogs will rest him a fair bit.

Junktimer

he averaged 131 in 2005!!!  :o :o :o :o

Hally is like Lecras in respect that he relies heavily on kicking a bag to score, and I'm not sure he can kick 73 goals again.  Players like him are bound to have the shower games.

Very unlikely.

nas

Hawka

touch and go for me theres a chance il get him

pyronerd

touch and go i may get him but his age is a turn-off (in more ways then 1 :P) and i think its unlikely that he'll do as well next year, but he can still make some good scores and isnt particularly expensive

SydneyRox

Not a chance, at his age, and after he burnt me last year (and Sydney the year before!!) as JT said, I cant see him kicking 70+ goals again this year

MajorLazer

Completely forgot he was still playing. :P
Doesn't affect my SC team though. He won't be in it.

MTTY

Too old now for me to pick and didnt show enough consistency last year