Main Menu

Heart.Attack

Started by roo boys!, November 11, 2010, 09:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Read the news article title: Fremantle likely to be Anthony's new home.

That's the day my heart stopped beating for 10 seconds, until the page loaded and it was Jack Anthony :P

PHEW!!

Oh and also it has been confirmed we are heading to Tassie for some games on a side note.

Justin Bieber

No suprise with the Tassie games. They will be getting other teams playing there until the AFL expands to include Tasmania and the NT. Calling them now 8).

roo boys!

Yeh Ive been talking with Damage about it, he is a big North fan too, and we are still pretty happy with it, as Brayshaw promised 11 Melbourne games so we can hope for the 8 "home" games.

hawk_88

It is a bit of a pipe dream if you listen to the Tasmanian Government. They described the proposal as "the risks far outweigh the potential benefits to the Tasmanian people" or something similar.

The only way this deal will go down is without Tas Government funding. Can't see it being financially beneficial without it but the AFL might throw enough money at it. Can't imagine the AFL will guarantee 11 games in Melbourne along with 7 games in Tas though.

ossie85

Tas Government is pathetic.

North having 7 matches in Tassie? Geez, they may as well move

Cruiseon

Brashaw said this morning this is not a relocation. ???

Mmmm well James, except you are playing all of your home games bar 4 in another state. If it looks like relocation and it smells like relocation, it is probably a relocation.

I actually think its a good idea but his PR needs to be much better.

ossie85

He can't say he is relocating after the stink he kicked up over the Gold Coast move. I think he's looked at the finances again!

Even when the Roos were winning they had poor crowds. What's up with you guys?

hawk_88

From a Hawthorn perspective I don't mind this. Don't read my above post as distaste for this move. What is clear is that the Hawthorn deal will occur regardless, and any other exposure that other clubs give Tassie will only help us.

roo boys!

I thought there were only 4 Tassie games? ???

ossie85

Brawshaw's offering 7 (5 Launceston, 2 Hobart)

roo boys!

Flower, I was happy with 4 :P

We were on the up, we were going to get members up in the next few years no worries. >:(

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on November 12, 2010, 10:15:46 PM
Brawshaw's offering 7 (5 Launceston, 2 Hobart)

Which seems ridiculous to me. Might as well relocate. I know the AFL would be funding it with that view.

To me it doesn't send a good message to the existing members and supporters. Originally they were told that they would live or die in Melbourne which to me was overkill and I understand that business changes but it doesn't install confidence in the Roo's ability to stay afloat in Melbourne.

Quote from: roo boys! on November 12, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
Flower, I was happy with 4 :P

We were on the up, we were going to get members up in the next few years no worries. >:(

Were you? I am pretty sure you dropped in membership two years running.

roo boys!

Yeah I think we did, but our team and young playing group was on the up, success was bound to come in the next 3-5 years.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on November 12, 2010, 10:49:41 PM
Yeah I think we did, but our team and young playing group was on the up, success was bound to come in the next 3-5 years.
It has dropped off as the Roos have fallen. But as they rise, so does the membership numbers.

7 is overkill. 4 would be acceptable as it doesn't steal games from the Melbourne based supporters. 7 means they will miss out on many of the "home games". And how many people are they expecting at these games? Surely not as many as they can get at MCG or Etihad. They are probably trying to nudge the Roos in the direction fo relocation but this is moving things a tad too fast.

hawk_88

Given their average crowd size is 25K or something like that, they will probably get similar numbers (ok maybe 8K less) down south.

What North REALLY needs is a smaller stadium to play in so it can make money from tickets. The AFL wont put money in to it though as it wont make the AFL more money than the current situation does. If that forces North to relocate I doubt the AFL would see that as a negative.