Main Menu

Movember

Started by McRooster, November 10, 2010, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Now that it's over about time you updated the caterpillar on your top lip,or did the cat attack you n lick it of.

How much in the end did you raise also ol mate?

Justin Bieber

His personal page says he raised $95 :D. Nicely done McRooster.

nas

Correct but still gotta see the update on the ol mug tho. Lol

McRooster

I have seen storng men, heroes of mine and loved ones decimated by all strains of this evil disease but as my wife posted on the McRooster page....one man can make a diference.

That page was for the readers of FF, a largely male audience of varying ages. The plan was to use this light hearted forum to help raise the awareness and let people know about the cause, because after all cancer doesn't care if it's November or not, cancer is with us all year round  >:(

Look there's some smart guy's in here, some still studying, still trying to decide what to do with their lives and their talents. I thought I made the mistake of bumping Uni (after getting into Pharmacy) for a taste of the 'good life'. I was so focussed on getting in to try and invent this 'new cancer fighting wonder drug'. I never did go back after deferring.

I am a firm believer in fate. To me, life is like a road map, you start at one point, travel down various paths and at some stage your road will finish off the page. When it finishes, that's your time-you die. Throughout the course of life you take left turns and right turns which will eventually deliver you to the edge of the page. You could say"what if I didn't take that turn, I wouldn't have ended up here" but I believe you were meant to take that turn, if you changed your mind, you were meant to change it.
My path has taken me to meet my beautiful wife and have my beautiful kids and let me realise that is my destiny to find that person who will find that 'wonder drug' by raising awareness and helping that person turn left or right on their path.

In my main page which involved work team member and customer contributions I raised $580.

I'm working at the moment on an auction of sporting memorabilia (early stages) to raise funds for the Luekemia Foundation and will post that here when it's ready to go (prior to Easter next year we're targeting).

Thanks again naste for your support and anyone else who read the link, it is all about raising awareness.

Stay premium

bomberboy0618

great words McR :D
cancer is one of the worst things. Every year, many people die from all the types of cancer. Foundations and charities like this one are the light in the war against cancer.

roo boys!

Great news Roost, $580 is great, if one man can raise that much anything is possible if everyone gets behing it.

Wes Mantooth

Having known multiple people suffering from depression, I think Beyond Blue is a great cause. I've donated $200 this year to movember folks. Our work raised over $4000. Good work rooster.

Justin Bieber

Good luck with future campaigns McRooster :). Hope you help the causes further.

McRooster

Bump  ;)

Please feel free to back read this thread.

I have begun another Mo Space under the link on the first page for this year.

If all you do is visit the link, that is sweet, my job will be done. Any spare coin is appreciated (and tax deductible)  :-*

If you don't visit the link Go Fly A Kite  ;)

Grazz

Hats off to you Rooster, Look forward to saying that in person one day and shaking your hand.

roo boys!

Had a nice read through this old thread - great stuff by everyone in the FF community, keep it up guys 8)

McRooster

Quote from: Grazz on November 01, 2011, 10:15:48 PM
Hats off to you Rooster, Look forward to saying that in person one day and shaking your hand.
Cheers Grazz, as do I   8)

Tell your mate Dudge though "You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"  ;)

Maybe he should let go of the lightning bolt and join 'The Team For All South Australians'  :D

Grazz

Quote from: McRooster on November 01, 2011, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 01, 2011, 10:15:48 PM
Cheers Grazz, as do I   8)

Tell your mate Dudge though "You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"  ;)

Maybe he should let go of the lightning bolt and join 'The Team For All South Australians'  :D
Mate i'l tell you a little story about Dudge, He like many South Aussies wanted a team in the Big League (AFL)  we both loved our State of Origin games, SA V Vic. When the Crows came in he supported them with the pasion i still do today.

Then his beloved Magpies (Power) came into the competition (AFL) and he had no choice but to defect to the dark side.

PS It should always be SA V VIC we created the concept and supported it.

Justin Bieber

I won't shave for a month to show my support ;). Not like the school can tell me off now :P.

Grazz

I end up lookng like one of those cowboys in the old spaghetti westerns, its not a good look but a great cause,