Main Menu

Q's Cricket-Fest November (FTP)

Started by Master Q, November 04, 2010, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

In this thread, I'll be listing all my November Friendlies, with Write-Ups and Results on each game, and a Schedule as well. I'll also include a Brownlow-type Fantasy Points competition for my team, the Academy of Ireland and Aus.

(Note, I'm Academy of Ireland and Aus (AIA for short) )

Schedule:

November 4: AIA v benjy251090 (SOD) (Time: FTP - 00:00) (Morning/Afternoon - 11 AM ESDT)

November 7: AIA v Hilly's Heroics (SOD) (Time: FTP - 00:00) (Morning/Afternoon - 11 AM ESDT)

November 11: NO GAME

November 14 (First Game): AIA v Fletch's No Balls (SOD) (Time: FTP - 00:00) (Morning/Afternoon - 11 AM ESDT)

November 14 (Second Game): AIA v BombersXI (SOD) (Time: FTP - 02:00) (Afternoon - 1PM ESDT)

November 18: AIA v John Howard's Coathangers (T20) (Time: FTP - 05:30) (Afternoon/Night - 6:30 PM ESDT)

November 21: AIA v Roo Boys! (SOD) (Time: FTP - 00:00) (Morning//Afternoon - 11 AM ESDT)

November 25: NO GAME

November 28: AIA v Hello (SOD) (Time: FTP - 00:00) (Morning//Afternoon - 11 AM ESDT)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game #1 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v benjy251090 (benjy251090)
Result: Academy of Ireland and Aus won by 32 runs
Toss: Won by benjy251090, he decided to bowl.
Pitch and Conditions: Green and Hot.
BOG/Fantasy Points: Roland Butcher (3 points) (AIA) , John Heindricks (2), Gacoki Menza (AIA) (1)
Game: SOD

Write-Up:

Benjy's bowlers came out blazing in the first few overs, 16 yo Byren bowled by Gladigau in the 3rd Over. Tired and Old Cox came into Bat at No.3 (Stupid Q *facepalm* ) and got out in that same over. In Came Menza, who made a 253 Run Parnetship with Opener Roland Butcher. Butcher made 144 with Menza, and 197* n.o Overall, with Menza getting out on 91 after many overs with Butcher. AIA ended up 348-5. AIA's Seam Bowlers weren't amazing, benjy's Captain J. Heindricks made 120 but in came 19yo Right Arm Fast Aparti Priti and J. Heindricks was gone. All-Rounder, Menza, was the strongest with the ball picking up 3, including a Wicket on the last ball. Priti was the best quick with the ball, picking up 2, and Captain Alleyne and Moylan also picked up one. Cox made up for his poor batting, getting 2. benjy251090 was bowled out on the last ball for 316.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=893121

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game #2 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v Hilly's Heroics (Hillhero13)
Result: Hilly's Heroics won by 108 runs.
Toss: Won by Master Q, he decided to bowl.
Pitch and Conditions: Green and Hot.
BOG/Fantasy Points: Darren Lawson (3 points), Guus Lansing (2) (AIA), Jamel Khatib (1)

Write-Up:

AIA was beaten by a much Older and more Experinced Hilly's Heroics line-up. Affonso and Alleyne were struggling early, and couldn't get out Hilly's Strong Top Order Batsmen. But once again 19yo Aparti Priti comes to the rescue and sends Frost back to the Pavillion for 43. But hard work from Priti, Affonso, Moylan and Captain Alleyne got Hilly's Men out in the 43rd over for 272. Out came AIA's openers Roland Butcher and Guus Lansing, Butcher wanted to perform like he did against Benjy, but that did not happen, getting out for 5. But Lansing was strong, and made a amazing 108 and almost batting to the end. But Lansing had no partners, Puja out for 2, Menza out for 12, Cox out for 3, Byren gone for 5 and Franco for 18. None of the Bowlers stuck around for long, AIA was all-out for 164 in the 39th Over.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=892981

Game #3 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v Fletch's No Balls (Fletch74)
Result: Fletch's No Balls won by 94 runs.
Pitch and Conditions: Green and Overcast.
BOG/Fantasy Points: Alexander Lindsay (3 points), Percy Rollox (2), Thomas Cumberland (1)

Write-Up

AIA was out done. Fletch's No Balls were simply better. AIA had a fantastic start, not giving away much, but in the last 10 overs AIA threw the match leaking plenty of runs. Fletch's Keeper and Opening Batsmen Lindsay was fantastic scoring 117. Affonso, Priti and Cox were the only wicket takers, taking 2 each. AIA had a total of 260 to make. Butcher started of well, but Lansing and No.3 Puja didn't contribute. Butcher made a solid partnership with Menza, who combined to make 52 together, until they both fell together in the same over. From their AIA was hanging on, but the wickets kept falling. Trupti was unable to save AIA, only making 22. AIA sadly were all out for 165 in the 38th over.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=893330

Game #4 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v BombersXI (bomberboy0618)
Result: Academy of Ireland and Aus won by 6 wickets.
Pitch and Conditions: Hard and Cloudy
BOG/Fantasy Points: Sharad Abdel (3 points), Beni Puja (2) (AIA), Kalabhiti Trupti (1) (AIA)

Write-Up

After 2 straight losses in Q's Cricket-Fest November, AIA was determined to get a win. BombersXI couldn't handle the aggression of AIA. AIA was bowling first, the Bombers were rather strong, and wickets were hard to find, however the runs weren't coming fast. Trupti showed how good he was, taking a catch from Moylan's ball to get McGan out for 93. But BB still had some good batters to come, Adbel made 140* n.o but AIA and Keeper Trupti was keeping the pressure on, Trupti stumping both Marshall and Pascoe. Alleyne, Affonso and Moylan all picked up 1, and Menza snagged 2. BombersXI made 346 after their 50 overs. In came Butcher and Lansing. Butcher only made 9, but Lansing was strong making 42. However both teams were stunned by young Puja, only 20 years old, he came in and scored 166 n.o off 126 balls, including 14 fours and 1 Six. Other contributors were Menza, scoring 31, and Trupti making a strong 82 off 71. But Puja and Trupti wrapped the match up, and young gun Bryen didn't need to do much. AIA made the total in 45 overs, a very impressive feat.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=893610

Game #5 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v John Howard's Coathangers (MajorLazer)
Result: John Howard's Coathangers won by 5 wickets.
Toss: Won by Master Q, he decided to bat.
Pitch and Conditions: Hard and Sunny
BOG/Fantasy Points: Caleb Johnson (3 points), Guus Lansing (2) (AIA), Roland Affonso (1) (AIA)
Game: T20

Write-Up

The first and only T20 in Q's Cricket-Fest November was bound to be an absolute cracker. It was a battle right till the end. Once again, Roland Butcher failed to put runs on the board, only making 9 off 6. But, again, Lansing was superb, scoring 87 off 50, including 5 4s and 3 6s. Puja was strong, posting a nice 58 off 37. AIA were doing very well, scoring about 10 an over, however no batsmen in the Middle Order were able to add to the massive total. At the end of the 20 Overs, AIA finished up with 200 on the dot for 5. JHC had a big total to make, and tried to get to it quickly. Nawaz and Ivory weren't very impressive, only making 12 and 6, but C.Johnson for JHC was just unstoppable. Racking up 101 n.o, with 5 4s and 4 6s, he lead his team to victory. JHC's Middle Order just had to stick around and give him the strike, and that's what they did. JHC were smashing the ball all-over the place in the last few overs, giving them the win.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=894058

Game #6 - Academy of Ireland and Aus (Master Q) v Roo Boys! (Roo Boys!)
Result: Roo Boys! won by 139 runs
Toss: Won by Roo Boys!, he decided to bat.
Pitch and Conditions: Hard and Hot
BOG/Fantasy Points: Thomas Smith (3 points), Wayne Makinson (2), Beni Puja (1) (AIA)

Write-Up

It was a Hot day at Academy of I&A oval, the pitch was hard, conditions were amazing for batsmen. AIA needed to win the toss, and didn't. R&B's boys performed very well with the bat, Makinson and Roo Boys! Captain McLaughlin made 148 and 121, which put Roo Boys! on a smooth track. No one could stop R&B's batsmen, but an amazing effort from Trupti and 3 Wickets from Menza stopped AIA from getting 100% humiliated. AIA needed to chase a massive 483, which looked very tough. Butcher tried to make it to 50, but didn't exactly get there, getting out on 21. Then Lansing got out, only making 23, which put Puja and Menza at the crease. Q really needed them to post a big score, Puja followed instructions making a whopping 163, but Menza made much less, out for 36. Keeper Trupti came in at No.5 and tried to win the game with Puja, Trupti was scoring quickly and Puja was staying with him, but when Trupti fell, no one else could help. Magere made 16, Cox got a Golden Duck, and Alleyne also fell for 0. Affonso, Priti and Moylan put together a combined 10, which wasn't enough for AIA, finishing up all out for 343.

Scorecard: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=893880

bomberboy0618

i already know the result of our game :(

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 06:20:40 PM
i already know the result of our game :(
Keep your head up BB.

Also, you can now choose times for Friendlies which is great!
Learn More at:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19926

roo boys!

I can't play on Thursdays as I have Canadian Cup Q... Can I play you that Sunday that you have NO GAME and can have no game on the Thursday?

bomberboy0618

i know can i cancel and re challenge for 5:30 ftp time? Then i can watch the match

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 06:29:43 PM
i know can i cancel and re challenge for 5:30 ftp time? Then i can watch the match
Ok BB

Yep R&B I'll switch em, can you challenge me now? Can you make the Time after, like, 12ish?

Master Q

8-6 Suited

Master Q

Wait no, it's a Sunday right? Then like 12ish like the same time as my game with R&B. I want Thursday games to be like 7:30ish...

Maybe 8-6, I'll See.

Justin Bieber

Alex7089

I'd love to play you any time you are free Q 8)

Master Q

Ok Ok, I know I'm awesome and popular (   ;D  ) but there is still December  ;D

Alex7089

OK, book me in for Q's Cricket-Fest December?

8-6 Suited

Q, I can do any thursday game, being a member. :P

roo boys!

Will send you the challenge now :)

12 FTP time or our time?