Main Menu

Is Michael Clarke a knob?

Started by Cruiseon, November 04, 2010, 09:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2010, 04:43:19 PM
Doherty bowled his full 10 overs
what i'd like to know is why smith only bowled 3 overs going only at 2.57 runs an over

the commentators were saying perhaps he was injured
That's who I meant :P. I was spewing myself since he didn't get another go with the ball.

Also, How would the commentators know ::). They only have to make excuses to cover Clarke ;).

Master Q

Hi Guys, haven't noticed this thread, and haven't read it fully but:

Ponting will be here for a while IMO, and by the time he retires, I think Clarke might even be to old to pick it up anyway  :P

After Ponting, I reckon North probably is the best Captain, but shouldn't be in the XI. Katich... Not sure, Doesn't play ODI and T20 so don't think he should be given it, and is ageing to. You can't give it to Watson, to much to ask from him, and Hussey is to old to get it. None of the Bowlers could handle it, which leaves Clarke and Haddin. Haddin would make a great captain, but needs to work on his game, and also might need pointers from Past-Aussie Captains.

Lets not forget, I doubt this whole team won't be here when Punter goes, which leaves the possibility of a Call-Up receiving it.

White?  :-\

BoredSaint

roo boys!

He has done a great job at state level, but as others have said (ossie) he is not a Test player and it's a bit hard to be the future captain if you are not in the best XI for all 3 forms. (unless you are retired from T20 or something)

Cicjose

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Cicjose on November 05, 2010, 03:33:15 PM
Clarke is overrated scum
calm down  :P he is too public and will bring the team down with him

Boomz

Now is well & truly time to swing the axe...

CrowsFan

Drop the whole team!!! Why isn't marsh playing?

Boomz

Back injury I think :( I actually like him...

Cicjose

Same reason Hughes isn't fit for the test team

CrowsFan

What about the younger marsh? Get them both in!
Might as well look to the future now, this team is rubbish!
Also maybe give Warner a go in the one day team and see how he goes

Boomz

Yeah the other Marsh isn't bad... I love  Warner... it's worth a shot but I don't think these selectors know how to do anything!

ossie85

Can't believe they dropped Doherty after that fantastic debut! Bring in the Tasmanians - Doherty, Paine and Hilfenhaus. Hell, even Birt, Bailey and Butterworth should be considered. They'd all be playing if they played NSW

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on November 06, 2010, 08:14:38 AM

Can't believe they dropped Doherty after that fantastic debut! Bring in the Tasmanians - Doherty, Paine and Hilfenhaus. Hell, even Birt, Bailey and Butterworth should be considered. They'd all be playing if they played NSW
Hilfenhaus is going to be soon selected but he's coming back from an Injury. Dropping Doherty was a bad decision, but let's face it, it's not likely he'll play all the tests, so they needed to get some confidence into Hauritz. Paine is one of my favourite players, but you can't drop Haddin, maybe he could play a few games with Haddin where he doesn't keep and just bats at like No.7?

DazBurg

Quote from: Master Q on November 06, 2010, 09:53:09 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 06, 2010, 08:14:38 AM

Hilfenhaus is going to be soon selected but he's coming back from an Injury. Dropping Doherty was a bad decision, but let's face it, it's not likely he'll play all the tests, so they needed to get some confidence into Hauritz. Paine is one of my favourite players, but you can't drop Haddin, maybe he could play a few games with Haddin where he doesn't keep and just bats at like No.7?
spot on Q
Hilffy is returning from injury
Doherty won't get a test spot
and haddin is about the only one who looks alright at the crease
though he didn't do well last night but in the first match on him and hussey done anything with the bat