Main Menu

Is Michael Clarke a knob?

Started by Cruiseon, November 04, 2010, 09:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Agree with ossie, although could be cos I am a biased Tasmanian.
Birt, Bailey and Butterworth deserve a chance. Birt is a brilliant one day batsmen and can hit the ball a mile, everyone knows what Bailey can do, and Butterworth is a very handy all rounder

ossie85

Hilfenhaus coming back from injury? This is true, but he is playing for Tassie and has played in the recent test series. He's performed ok in previous ODIs and can bowl a better line and length than Johnson and Siddle atm.

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on November 06, 2010, 01:39:36 PM

Hilfenhaus coming back from injury? This is true, but he is playing for Tassie and has played in the recent test series. He's performed ok in previous ODIs and can bowl a better line and length than Johnson and Siddle atm.
i agree he has been playing Ossie just saying that the only reason i can think his not playing is they are letting him build his match fitness
but then again it is the aussie selectors they aren't that smart so it's probably just because they think they know best as usual when even a blind man can see better than them

though i love siddle being a vic supporter
and i reckon johnson is way overrated by commentators and such
his good but not great like they make out

Cicjose

if johnson was so great we would never lose. Great players win games when the game is seemingly out of reach

brodman_18

Quote from: BoredSaint on November 04, 2010, 08:57:35 PM
white for next aus capt

Biggest lot of crap I have read. White is a horrible player who every now and then gets lucky and hits a big score. He is not a test player and his first class average proves this. He is also not a good enough bowler to be bowling in 1 day cricket. I don't think Clarke should EVER captain Australia.

The sad fact is that after Ponting goes, there is no real standout option to captain the team. Just watching the first test and we are bowling terribly

brodman_18

But i did digress. In answer to the original question: Yes Michael Clarke is a giant nob

Barlow 21

Played first test when unfit. Definetly Knob worthing. :o

roo boys!

Yeah was a bad decision to play him...

BoredSaint

such a selfish player.. shouldve stayed out to let others play while recovering..

SydneyRox

Havent read the rest of it, just the question....

Yes. Shouldnt get the captaincy when Punter goes either.

Not that I can come up with a reasonable alternative?

How about Hussey, he deserves to be captain if he is still there, even if its only 12months.

valkorum

In short

CLARKE IS A NOB.  Cant stand the guy, never have - prob never will.  Bring back ROY

I actually cant see anyone in the current team who I would give the captaincy too

Hussey - Would be a great captain but too late in his career
Katich - See Hussey
Watson - The only real option but I dont think he would make a good captain
Clarke - NOB NOB NOB NOB .... NO
North - Would be a great captain but again too late in his career
Haddin - Again too late in his career
Johnson - Gonna struggle to stay in team let alone be captain
Doherty - No
Siddle - No
Hilfenhaus - No

Cicjose

i remember 2 years ago where i could find a complete alternate team out of our domestic league. If i can be bothered i might have another look to see if i can do that again for who we can look at next season

Hawka

i could do a aus A aus B and aus C if i could be botherd  :P mite sometime in the holidays

Wes Mantooth

A knob, yes. THE knob, no. That title is reserved for Ricky Ponting.

roo boys!

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on December 01, 2010, 12:28:19 AM
A knob, yes. THE knob, no. That title is reserved for Ricky Ponting.
Why do you say that? I reckon Punta's alright, but some field settings have been a bit iffy :-\