8 (50%)
No
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ossie85

David Hale

2010 Stats
Games: 12
Total Score: 622 (Ranked 387th overall, 104th amongst forwards)
Average Score: 51.83 (Ranked 473rd overall, 129th amongst forwards)
High: 90 (Round 3)
Low: 1 (Round 11)
Standard Deviation: 30.42
Centuries: 0 out of 12
Starting Price: $292,100
High Price: $353,800 (round 1)
Low Price: $178,200 (round 19)

Summary:

David Hale is one of Hawthorn's large risks. The Hawks picked him up from North after winning a bidding war against Melbourne. The fact that he created some interested by a couple of clubs is note-worthy, and at Hawthorn will most likely be used as ruck support (an area they've always struggled at, and also the surprise axing of the improving Wayde Skipper). There is a history of big-men playing better at new clubs - Leigh Brown the most recent example.

Hale's starting price in 2010 was just under $300k, and his first 7 rounds of form were ok for his price. He averaged 71.57, kicking 17.8 at 2.5 goals a game. However, his form slumped as he fell from the improving North's best 22 - disappointing given the absence of Drew Petrie. He played sporadically from them on, playing only 5 more matches at the horrible average of 24.2 (including scores of 1 and 3, though one of those was coming off playing in the VFL the SAME day).

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $275,300 ($247,800 with a very unlikely 10% discount)

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $262,100

Position: FWD (small chance of FWD/RUC)

At his price, Hale is awkwardly placed. If he is named in Hawthorn's best 22 to begin with as ruck support (hard to see him fitting in too well with Franklin and Roughead in the forward line) he could be an interesting choice. However, I'm not convinced he is in Hawthorn's best 22 even if he does play the Leigh Brown-type role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is given the FWD/RUC MPP though. He was a pinch-hitter at the Roos, and is likely to play more there at the Hawks.

Decision:

Unlikely for me. Hale does not give you the stability you want. His chances improve if he is given MPP and Petrie is not (or Petrie is still injured), but not by much.

benjy251090

If he is MPP maybe, but even then very unlikely

Fletch74

Too many others before him. No chance for me.

Could work for the Hawks, but not fantasy wise.

Cruiseon

I'd be surprised if he works at the Hawks as would most North supporters. That said everyone has been surprised by Leroy which is a good reference point in your review Ossie.

A definite no for my SC.

Boomz

Definite no unless he does something miraculous in the pre-season.

Hawka

he will be a good player nxt yr for the hawks but not for ur supercoach

hawk_88

Quote from: hawka26 on November 04, 2010, 05:13:48 PM
he will be a good player nxt yr for the hawks but not for ur supercoach

You have more faith that I.

Maca24

HTM

Hawka

MajorLazer

I really don't think he'll do much and don't see why we got him and delisted Skipper.

No good for SC either. :(

Junktimer

MTTY

Depending on the role he plays could be a good unique however i doubt i will pick him.

dylsta05

nup. not even thinking about him