a real dreamers team

Started by browny_wce, November 03, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

BACKS
B.Goddard(B/C), B.Gibbs(B/C), J.Kelly(B/C), B.Deledio(B/C), C.Cornes(B/C), J.Adcock, A.Otten
(B.Jacobs, T.Mzungu, C.Richardson)

MIDS
D.Swan, L.Montagna, L.Anthony, D.Swallow, A.Gaff, J.Polec
(D.Heppell(C/B), S.Atley, M.Hallahan)

RUCKS
A.Sandilands, D.Jolly
(Z.Smith, S.Lycett(R/F))

FWDS
G.Ablett(F/C), L.Franklin, N.Riewoldt, C.Knights, D.Petrie(F/R), R.Conca(F/C), J.Lamb
(J.Darling, K.Harper, B.Matera)

a few alterations i had in mind

browny_wce

i just cant wait til feb comes around, i keep making changes all the time!

browny_wce

made some more little changes as I saw on the NAB draft lists that some of these players in the red highlight were listed as backs or forwards so hopefully they are put there on DT!!  ;D
heres the link:
http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabafldraftcombine/meettheplayers/tabid/16667/default.aspx

Bluke

How expensive is Cornes?? Wouldn't have him in my team but I'm guessing he is cheap cheap cheap...

browny_wce

Quote from: Bluke on November 16, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
How expensive is Cornes?? Wouldn't have him in my team but I'm guessing he is cheap cheap cheap...
yeh Monty's saying he is around 250k, which if Cornes can average an 80 something ill be happy to pay that!

j959

Monty's fanplanner has him at $268,500 - i don't know why but i just had the thought of considering him for 2011 seeing as he burnt me pretty bad this season.

age is probably the biggest concern for him but when you consider J Drummond is ~$282k with less durability, I think why not consider him.

browny_wce

Quote from: j959 on November 16, 2010, 07:06:47 PM
Monty's fanplanner has him at $268,500 - i don't know why but i just had the thought of considering him for 2011 seeing as he burnt me pretty bad this season.

age is probably the biggest concern for him but when you consider J Drummond is ~$282k with less durability, I think why not consider him.
MPP always provides that extra bit of encouragement

j959

Quote from: browny_wce on November 17, 2010, 03:59:48 AM
Quote from: j959 on November 16, 2010, 07:06:47 PM

MPP always provides that extra bit of encouragement
yeah, really sort of 50/50 on him at the moment - as with the "return of the Chad" thread, I'm not so sure it isn't a flash in the pan thing for him at the moment. s'pose we just have to wait and see how Primus uses him in pre-season??

browny_wce

haha yeh thats where im starting for whether he comes in or not

browny_wce

The Rookies I've been looking at for my team and what team they drafted to and their pick number (reflective of their price and chance to play) wondering how his is gonna effect who I select

1. D.Swallow - GC
4. A.Gaff - WCE
6. R.Conca - RICH (only if listed as a fwd)
7. J.Caddy - GC
8. D.Heppell - ESS
16. B.Jacobs - PtA
17. S.Atley - NM
21. J.Lamb - SYD
26. J.Darling - WCE
27. K.Harper - NM (only if hes listed as a fwd)
29. Lycett - WCE (only if hes mpp ruck/fwd)
32. J.Green - BRIS (only if listed as a fwd or mpp)
38. M.Hallahan - HAW
55. A.Litherland - HAW (only if listed as a back)

Already taken rookies
J.Wilkinson - GC (only if listed as a back)
C.Richardson - NM
B.Matera - GC
Z.Smith - GC
J.Toy - GC (not sure about him)

One thing what interested me about last night was Swallow saying, "had the other GC 17 yr olds been in the draft Toy probably wouldve gone number 1, and Matera in the top 5" deff rates him

Justin Bieber

Ask RB about Toy browny :P.

I think Darling should be pretty much a steal at his rookie price. If kept on the straight and narrow, West Coast could have a star there 8).

browny_wce

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 19, 2010, 02:34:34 PM
Ask RB about Toy browny :P.

I think Darling should be pretty much a steal at his rookie price. If kept on the straight and narrow, West Coast could have a star there 8).
i hope so, he is a bargain, considering he was tipped top 10 or 5 last year
Gaff should get a midfield run aswell

Justin Bieber

I think he was rated as a top 3 prospect at one stage. But off field dramas made him slide. Even then, thought he would of been picked earlier than he did. Nice steal ;).

j959

you got some good ones there browny - considering GC had all the picks WCE didn't do to bad with the cr*pola picks they got lumped with.

there was no point tanking this year (same for next year).

youse must be spewing given the 'golden tickets' past year's wooden spooners got.

browny_wce

yep!
the last few years Wooshas been like "ohhhh were not gonna tank" then win the last few games to take us off the bottom and not give us the good picks, then this year we suck ass and miss out on some local golden talent, ie Swallow and Bennell

if there was no GC and we had of tanked last year we wuldve got some real good kids!