a real dreamers team

Started by browny_wce, November 03, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

Heres a different team I have been going over
Given that some of these players are allocated the specific MPPs ill be happy (ie. Gibbs, Ablett and some of the rookies)

BACKS
Goddard(B/C), Gibbs(B/C), Kelly(B/C), Deledio(B/C), Adcock, Houli(B/C), Otten
(B.Jacobs, Mzungu, C.Richardson)

MIDS
Swan, Montagna, Anthony, Gaff, Polec, Atley
(Caddy, Hallahan, Heppell(C/B))

RUCKS
Sandilands, Jolly
(Smith, Daw(R/F))

FWDS
G.Ablett(F/C), Franklin, Thomas, N.Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie(F/R), Lamb
(Conca(F/C), Lynch, Matera)

with this team I'm left with $96,800 in the kitty

Holz

if conca and heppel are B/C and F/C than they should be in everyones team.
I really think you need D.Swallow in your team.
I really dont like the idea of starting with ablett, probably beter to downgrade to some like pav,brown,rioli.

MOve conca into the middle for hallahan and put in petterd into the forward line with the money from downgrading ablett

browny_wce

i think GAJ would be good in my forward line and not going Pav or Browny to start with until they show me some consistent 100s, one thing Ablett can garuntee, and a big NO on Rioli aswell
I'm keeping Conca as a FWD rookie (if he even gets allocated as one) as I dont think I will really need much mpp rotation at the start of the year and it allows me better access of good midfield talent.
I put Heppell in the mids (as a mpp) because I have 5 mpp backs so plenty to change there
not sure about Pettard, might downgrade Thomas to him, but im really pretty happy with that team and wouldnt need the money anywhere else
as with Swallow and Bennell I'm thinking of staying away from them as 1.theyre quite pricey for rookies and 2.everyones going to have them!
will probly change it come NAB tho

Holz

i think ablett is a huge risk, at least with PAV and Brown you know what your gonna get, you never no what the move could do to ablett.

browny_wce

it could do, i agree with u there Holz.
I mean Juddy changed (as a DTer) when he went to Carlton in that very young midfield
but i think u have to take some risks with DT, ive got guys like Swan, Goddard, etc as my safety nets so im not going all out
I think with GAJ at this stage he prob wont be knocking out 130+ scores like he used to but should easily get consistent 100s with more midfield time at Gold Coast, and thats orsum for a forward!
cheers

popedelio

Great Team!!
for your sake lets hope all your predicted MPPs come true, i also want Heppell as a Ctr/Back, we'll have to wait and see

browny_wce

cheers mate
starting to doubt Conca as theyre saying he spent more time in the middle
but guys like Heppell and Jacobs shud be close to MPP satus
as many as possibly would be nice, spesh those in top 20!!  ;D

elephants

yeeeeaaahh very very nice :)

i  like the good use of rookies but yeah swallow is needed. what are the chances of heppel and conca being mpp?

browny_wce

Quote from: elephants on November 08, 2010, 10:50:00 PM
yeeeeaaahh very very nice :)

i  like the good use of rookies but yeah swallow is needed. what are the chances of heppel and conca being mpp?
yeh i didnt have scully n trengove for a similar reason this year as they were too expensive (in my mind) for rookies. but Swallow is a different kettle of fish. cheers LE

yeh i have a big hunch that Heppell will be a centre/back mpp as he played more as a half back flank this year and only went into the midfield when he was back with Gippsland, not sure about Conca though

elephants

beauty thanks :)

i think that heppel will be better than X. Clarke :)

conca would be better than McNeil i think :)

browny_wce

hopefully
well Heppell should be going to brisbane where him and XClarke will be fighting for selection so will make things interesting
as for McNeil, apparently he played alright this year in the resies and would be about 30k cheaper

elephants

hmmmmmmmmmmm................................ :)

Bluke

McNeil cant get any cheaper can he...? Not sure how the maths work though.

elephants

i think he will be either 77 or 94 :) if he is 77 he will be in 94 will be a nope

browny_wce

he should stay at 77k shouldnt he?
was rookie priced last year and didnt play
has he been elevated?