Main Menu

Setting Batting/Bowling Line-ups

Started by McRooster, October 30, 2010, 01:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

When it comes to setting batting line-ups I think I have my order pretty right but am still not so sure where to place my aggressive and defensive batsmen strategically.

Next bot team I'm going to try top 7 all out aggresive.

What do people do with their bowling, I usually have three aggressive spells mixed in, no defensive.

Boomz

I've tried that & it can work but it seems to work just as well having a mix of A & N..

I usually put my batsmen on N & the ones with good Power on A & 1 sometimes 2 on D depending who Im playing.

Bowling wise I usually have 2 A spells & 2 D Spells the rest N....

chrisuzz

I play my batsmen with the accumaleter affect on Def, and Boundry hitter on attack got no boundry hitters at the moment though

Fletch74

Same here Roost, I try and mix my bowlers up. I am just starting to put my opening bowlers as defensive as I know usually the batsmen might be playing aggressively.

The only bowlers I use agressive for are the ones who are good technically.

In terms of batting, that depends on power and technique for me.

Justin Bieber

For Batsman, Only put o Aggressive if they have decent Power (like Average+). Can score faster (usually) but also have more chance to get out. Defensive ones I usually give to middle order batsman. This is because if they come in early, they can hopefully steady the batting by sticking in.

Bowlers kind of work the same. Aggressive orders (not complete but only 2-4 a game) for those with decent power also. This may take wickets but could also give away alot of runs. Then I also throw in 2 or 3 defensive orders just to hopefully keep the score low.

Rest are on Normal.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: McRooster on October 30, 2010, 01:59:03 PM
When it comes to setting batting line-ups I think I have my order pretty right but am still not so sure where to place my aggressive and defensive batsmen strategically.

Next bot team I'm going to try top 7 all out aggresive.

What do people do with their bowling, I usually have three aggressive spells mixed in, no defensive.
what about having one defensive and one aggresive for bowling? Say player A is bowling in conjunction with player B. A is set to defensive to keep down the rr, while b is set to aggresive to try and take wickets. He lets more runs but this is negated by A bowling tighter and letting less runs go. This is all theoretical of course

8-6 Suited

Firstly, let me just say this.

Boundary hitter, which is a talent that occurs on dots, so boundary hitters I love to put on defensive. The more dots = the more BH talent, although on hard/sunny, there aren't that many dots at all so it won't get used that much. Boundary hitter isn't that useful in T20, because you don't have so many dots in T20. Sticky is a perfect pitch for a BH, as there is a lot of dots. You can also leave them on Normal if you want them to be slightly more aggressive than one would normally be.

As for Batting orders.

I always have my tail on D, from 9-11. Reason being, if the batting fall's that low, I want them to remain at the crease as long as possible to get runs up. Even if it's only 3-4-5 more than usual, it helps. Ask HP about my tail surviving against him in the Spring Cup and you will see how vital a couple runs can be.

Most orders depend on pitch conditions, weather and such in my opinion. Sticky doges, I always have a majority of players on Defensive or Normal. Perhaps 1 out of the 11 will be aggressive and that will be middle to late order Lidgerwood.

Bowling orders: 

I like to use N a lot in my bowling orders, but it always accompanies either an Aggressive or Defensive spell from the opposite bowler. Once again, it depends on the opponent I am playing and pitch conditions.

For example, against ressbr, I had 7 aggressive orders as it was an all or nothing situation on a showerty wicket. Aggressive spells best suit quick bowlers, or those of whom the pitch conditions best suit. Here's a few rules I follow:

1. I prefer to not have 2 wicket-takers bowling at the same time. For example, a F and a FS adds economy bowling from the FS and wicket-taking bowling from the F, good combo.
2. Left-Right. Very important, left and right bowlers at the same time adds a little more difficulty for the bats.
3. Quickest bowlers are bowling the first 2 spells. The quicker, they more make use of the new ball.

McRooster

# 8 is where I'm in a quandry.

Lovell Hanley (who I bought from RB) has been doing reasonably well on a Flat surface. He gets bat # 8 and over # 4 every Flat match.

When the wicket changes to warrant a spin selection I have been promoting youth with some success to take the #8 spot and 4th over.

My quandry is that I have a 25yr old nearly 27k rated finger spinner (Talent-slower ball) who has played one 20/20 and one SOD with no success, virtually untried.

Do I play the 18k rated youth (limited success) or include the 27k rated relative newbie, RATING v RESULTS  ???

bomberboy0618

roo boys!