Main Menu

Scotland Poaching Thread

Started by Alex7089, October 29, 2010, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

qwerty.... >:(

yeah thats why I originally wanted to go to Sri Lanka, but if you are a member you can replay the commentary like it's live watching it :D

bomberboy0618

i wont be a member though... nah ill come, though only for a season if i get promoted in one of my leagues ill stay in scotland

roo boys!

nah i probs wont be either...have to convince mum to let me buy it over the internet ;)

valkorum

roo boys!

valkorum

I have been set to move to Scotland for a week or 2 now.  The financial and experience benefits are too good to not move.

Alex7089

Agreed Valk ;)
I think that is what got most people although it is almost peer pressure now :P
Everyone is going ;D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 09, 2010, 08:32:01 PM
Agreed Valk ;)
I think that is what got most people although it is peer pressure now :P
Everyone is going ;D
almost?

valkorum

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 09, 2010, 08:32:01 PM
Agreed Valk ;)
I think that is what got most people although it is almost peer pressure now :P
Everyone is going ;D

I did write a couple of compelling posts as to why it is financially beneficial to go to Scotland ;)

roo boys!

Yep that was sorta what pushed me over the edge :)

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on November 10, 2010, 07:35:12 PM
Yep that was sorta what pushed me over the edge :)

And me :) 

Once I did the research I couldnt find a reason not to go

Fletch74

Update on the transfers to Scotland and Ireland at the end of the season

Scotland 0 120 90 0 23 Nov 10 22:51 09:00
Ireland 0 120 84 0 23 Nov 10 22:51 11:30

Interesting that only 90 and 84 spots have been taken respectively with the cut-off being the 2/12/10. Might be a few bot's as well, which means better prizemoney :)

cookie311993

hahahaha you all make me laugh so much. havent you read about the bot flush. Scotland and Ireland are two new countries with leagues opening up therefore NO BOT TEAMS at all.

everywhere else a bot flush is gonna be happening. this is where all the bot teams will be flushed from every div to fill up the lower divisions first. i am in div 4 Sri Lanka and there are more bots than actual teams. Sri Lanka has amongst the largest amount of bot teams in FTP.

so what will be happening is teams will be filling in gaps from user controlled teams. My divison is the 16th strongest in sri lanka with 5 bot teams who get match ratings under 50k. that tells you that sri lanka gets brought down by heaps of bot teams and therefore they will all get flushed to div 5,4 and maybe some of 3. so next season i could be playing high div 3 and all of you could be playing mid div 3 or low div 3 getting div 3 money

valkorum

Most of us are playing in Australia in Div 6 or 7.  Even with the bot flush we wouldn't be getting in a league higher than Div 5 (confirmed by Ash in a post I made).  I think what Fletch was saying is that if there isnt 120 teams that transfer then will they fill up the rest of the spots with bots?

At the worst I will end up in Div 4 which is still higher than what I can get to with a bot flush in Australia.  Even if I am one of the lucky 8 who get in to Div 1, I am still only getting Div 4 money.  Either way I am still better off with Div 4 money and experience than "hoping" that a bot flush will take me to Div 5.

cookie311993

thats were your wrong and what ash said was wrong. last season i was playing div 6 and 7 in australia. i moved to sri lanka at EOS and got placed in div 4 for all.

Scotland has user teams moving there atm. then they will fill div 5 with bots. sri lanka only goes to div 5. and all of div 5 will be filled up with the bots and most of them will fill up div 4 and 5. i did the maths using my member priviledges. there are 31 leagues in Sri Lanka. each with 8 teams. thats 248 teams total. BUT, only user teams are represented in club rankings for sri lanka. there are only 111 teams with club rankings. means 111 user teams in Sri Lanka. That means 137 bot teams. it take 128 teams to completely fill div 5. that uses all the bots and leaves 9 teams to fill up div 4.8.

next point Cherry Tree Chimps is the 90th best team in Sri Lanka. World ranking worse than Daz. he is ranked1750 for SOD, 1721 for T20 and 1880 for youth. i am sure almost everyone is better than him meaning you would be inside top 90. Given teams in sri lanka and the leagues he will be playing in div 4.2 or div 4.3 and everyone from FF could smash him