Player Prices during non-competition rounds

Started by LiveTheDream, October 29, 2010, 06:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveTheDream

My big question on the fixture now is whether player prices will change over the 5 rounds of SC non-competition??

In theory, the good coaches could use this to their advantage as it will mean one more price change for any player from the remaining 14 teams and could effectively save coaches a lot of $$....

For example if ablett has 2 shockers for the gold coast in rounds 2 and 3, this will give him a massive breakeven over the next few weeks. As the gold coast will play the next three games (all SC non-competition) his price could potentially drop over 100k during this period, meaning that coaches could come back for the next SC round with ablett in their team for over 100k less than they could have paid for him...and effectively costing them nothing.

Also possibly a great opportunity for teams to increase the value of their cash cows without any risk.

Just food for thought......

ronl

hawk_88

Yeah, I am not entirely sure how what you are saying is any different to normal rounds.

Justin Bieber

I think he says if he starts badly, will be able to pick him up for the next Head to Head matches for much cheaper after the first 2 rounds (if they are shockers). This is because there are no H2H matches during these multiple team byes.

In theory it could work. It will all depend on how they start first. If you're going for overall though, could backfire if it doesn't pan out. League though, could be a very handy tactic.

Maca24

its just the same as every year basically except 2 extra rounds before league games. dont really see your point.

ossie85

LiveTheDream I agree, it will be an interesting issue

LiveTheDream

Sorry guys i admit it may have been poorly worded. I am purely talking from a league perspective, but ossie and HelloPplz you have got it!

Essentially what im asking is if player prices will continue to change over the 5 rounds that we do not have league games. We don't play any league games during rounds 4, 5 or 6. This would mean that our rookies like swallow, gaff etc. would have 3 price rises before our next league game (round 7) and could greatly increase their value, and possibly be traded out.

On the other hand, it could mean that a high priced gun (ablett, montagna etc.) who has played a few poor matches in a row will drop a lot in value during the period where we are not playing league games. By waiting until after round 6 to get them in, they could be traded in ready for the next league match a lot cheaper than what they were priced at round 4.

These rounds could greatly bridge the gap between cash cows and upgrade targets and i'm basically saying that this could make the timing of trades even more crucial than in previous years

Maca24

so your saying that by the first league game you could have a team with lots of premiums, since youve traded out your topped out rookies.
i see your point, but it will prob be the same for every1

hawk_88

It still isn't that different from playing games in those rounds. You want have to worry about 1-2 week injuries so much but apart from that I can't see it being advantageous for anyone one team over another compared to 3 rounds of league matches.

Also round 7 is generally a few rounds before most cash cows start to peak.

antman

Quote from: Maca24 on October 30, 2010, 09:50:19 AM
so your saying that by the first league game you could have a team with lots of premiums, since youve traded out your topped out rookies.
Maca the first league game is round 1

Master Q

Quote from: antman on October 30, 2010, 10:51:29 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 30, 2010, 09:50:19 AM
Maca the first league game is round 1
Correct, and the GF is in Round 24 this year.

HTM

Fletch74

This year is has more strategy involved than ever before. It will be necessary to analyse th draw, the byes, and with what you have stated LTD, the fact that we have non playing rounds in the middle of the season will be important for $$$.

Coaches who prepare this year will do well. Rookie coaches will more than likely struggle this year.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 18, 2010, 07:59:29 AM
This year is has more strategy involved than ever before. It will be necessary to analyse th draw, the byes, and with what you have stated LTD, the fact that we have non playing rounds in the middle of the season will be important for $$$.

Coaches who prepare this year will do well. Rookie coaches will more than likely struggle this year.
+1 ;)

tferrier18

Rookies are going to fail miserably this year.

They'll crash and burn, especially come the 2 non-playing rounds at the end of the fixture.