Main Menu

GC bench loading

Started by Holz, October 27, 2010, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

My plan this year is to use only 1 MPP option and that is petrie in the forward line with daw on the ruck bench. Than load the bench up with GC players, it means i will have a full 22 round 1 and than my GC bench players should be able to cover all my lines as they wont be having a bye for a while. By the time of the bye i will have upgraded/downgraded to teams that already have had a bye, resulting in theoritically no problem with byes.

Justin Bieber

It is a risk incase there are any late withdrawals round 1.

I will likely go 2 Suns players on bench at a max for me. Rookies will get tried at other clubs, so might not want to miss out on them either.

elephants

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 27, 2010, 08:03:14 PM

I will likely go 2 Suns players on bench at a max for me. Rookies will get tried at other clubs, so might not want to miss out on them either.

+1

interesting idea holz but not one i will be taking though :)

Fletch74

Quote from: elephants on October 27, 2010, 08:10:42 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 27, 2010, 08:03:14 PM

+1

interesting idea holz but not one i will be taking though :)
+1 I agree, too risky, especially now that Round 1 is a league game.

Cruiseon

I thought they had the bye in round 1 - makes that approach not very workable.

Holz

if they are on your bench should be no problem as your 22 will play round 1 with hopefully no late withdrawls. This strategy is desinged around the fact they miss round 1.  PLayers like Swallow, Bennel, Day etc.. will have to start in their team. GC have lots of backman so i wouldnt put GC rookies in that bench, rather go richardson, mzungu, howard, talia etc...

SydneyRox

I think you will need a balanced approach. You shouldnt over look rookies from other teams just for GC rookies. Its all about picking the rookies who are going to make the most. GC players are not all guaranteed to make cash fast, so why wouldnt you pick up a Gaff or Atley who look like good money spinners.

bundyboy

yep agree...GC might have the most rookies to choose from, but not necesarily the best ones to  make you $$ for trades or most points as potential keepers.

for me, I recon there might only be 2-3 GC rookies at most - plenty to choose from elsewhere..

DT87

I'll be picking plenty of GC rookies/cheapies next year, probably about six, but no more than two in each position. The reason is simple - GC only have eight senior players, basically every other player on their list is a rookie or a cheapie. This means they have to pick at least 14 rookies/cheapies per game, which gives their rookies/cheapies much better job security than those from other teams. We'll have to wait for the NAB Cup to get a better idea of which GC rookies/cheapies (aside from obvious ones like Swallow, Bennell, Day and Prestia) have the best job security. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on sub-$100k GC mids and forwards, especially Brandon Matera and Maverick Weller.

dale93

Do you think this will be better for league or overall?