Soccer Manager - FanFooty Cup

Started by Hellopplz, October 27, 2010, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

2-0 win over Real Madrid to put me up to 3rd on the ladder after a slow start. Klose scored a penalty with Robben striking a little later on. Happy with the win although Hilly had Juanito (quite a weak CB) which I think was exploited :P.

Some good names on bench like VDV and Arbolea which could have come on instead ;). I'd suggest you use a 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 formation Hilly, where you can add VDV and Arbolea into the formation and take out Juanito and somebody else if needed :).

CrowsFan

But to play Arbeloa he would need to take out Alves or Cole!
If Samuel is fit (which he will be in 3 days) you should play a 4-3-3 and line up like this

Casillas
Alves - Terry - Samuel - Cole
Lampard - Xavi - Sneijder
   Tevez - Torres - Pedro

But since Samuel wont be fit for the next game you should play a 3-4-1-2 and line up like this

Casillas
      Alves - Terry - Cole
VDV - Xavi - Lampard - Pedro
             Sneijder
         Torres - Tevez

Justin Bieber

Not in a 5-2-3 or 5-3-2. Cole or Alves can play the wings or in the defence (as can Arbolea except for the Central defender role which Terry can play in). That's how I've worked around my defence when I don't have enough CB's but more side backs.

Try it yourself and you'll see :P. If VDV is a LM/AM, he could play in the Left wing as well and move Cole back into defence (left side) :P. I've played around with alot of the formations when I have most of my players not fit enough for matches :P.

CrowsFan

Yeah I realised after I posted, but in real life the 3 at the back would really be all CB's and the 2 wing backs, not wing backs a RB and 2 CB's :P

VDV is AM/WING so can't play there with 5 at the back. I think the options I gave him would work the best, but we will see :P

Justin Bieber

I didn't take Samuel into account though :P. I'd go 4-4-2 or something with 4 defenders when Samuel is fit ;).

I'm just saying if one of his CB's go down, rather than play Juanito, can find another way around that so that that position isn't compromised.

CrowsFan

But he actually only has one winger in Pedro so a 442 wouldn't work, unless he also played VDV, but that would mean not playing one of Xavi, Lamps or Sneijder who are all better than VDV :P

He can easily play 3 at the back if a CB is injured since he has such good attacking players

Justin Bieber

Or he could play 4-2-2-2 which I've done on occasions :P. 4-3-3 would probably be best though but I'm doing all this from my memory of his team from 3 hours ago :P.

CrowsFan

Yeah I have played 4-2-2-2 before but not really a fan of it. Can't tell if the the players behind the strikers are meant to be playing as wingers or AM's haha

BoredSaint

So CF.. Vertonghen wont get a +1 to 90?

think again :P

CrowsFan

Well was just my opinion that he wouldn't BS.
I'm glad for you that he did though :)

Luigi197

Yes Gilardino is almost back from injury!!! :) :)

Hey HP: We got a friendly match on tonight, would be such a shame if you were to be the first Div 1 managed team to lose to me in a friendly ;) I already got smashed by City and RM.
Nah jks, i'm not one to talk myself up. You'll surely win.

HillHero13

Got 50 mill to splash on someone or more players.

might go for some youth players.

but i don't know who i should get?

CrowsFan

Pretty much all the good youth players have already been taken hilly

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Luigi197 on May 18, 2011, 07:00:40 PM
Hey HP: We got a friendly match on tonight, would be such a shame if you were to be the first Div 1 managed team to lose to me in a friendly ;) I already got smashed by City and RM.
Nah jks, i'm not one to talk myself up. You'll surely win.
Hope not although trying out some crazy tactics, especially for the changes :P.

CF has snapped up quite alot of youth. So did many other teams so gotta search for a few who slipped through the cracks. Look on their forums for some help as many of the big leagues are going to be reviewed next few weeks.

Luigi197

My youths are getting UN transfer banned soon.

lol 0-3 HP. I didnt expect any more from my side lol.