Main Menu

NBA Season 2010-2011

Started by Andrew3737, October 27, 2010, 10:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

HAHA!!! Nuggets want way too much. I think they offered alot as it'll look better when bargaining down eventually ::).

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 31, 2010, 05:11:51 PM
HAHA!!! Nuggets want way too much. I think they offered alot as it'll look better when bargaining down eventually ::).
eventually they r going to take some bum deal bcos nobody will pay that... my issue with it is its poor business management effectively they have put themselves in a drum up a deal in the last week scenario instead asking whats available now and being able to sift thru many decent offers from many teams and pit those offers back against teams like an auction to extract the best deal out there for Melo and whats best for them going forward

Justin Bieber

I agree Marcz. Certainly not the best way to do business especially as he is gone either way now. They are just screwing themselves.

PowerMan

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 28, 2010, 12:22:43 PM
Celtics are a different team without Rondo though... So its difficult to assess without full strength sides as the Magic were, and theCeltics weren't.

Spurs were out played by the Magic who match up fantastically against them, was a great game that.

you take Rondo out of any team and they'll struggle. Don't worry Boston will be force come finals time.

RiOtChEsS

j959

Justin Bieber

NOT NASH!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(. He's one of my favourite players (along with Gasol since early 2000's).

He meshes well with Amare and D'Antoni and plays well with the run and gun gameplan. So can see why if he is tempted by the offer.

Once D'Antoni left, the team started falling apart :'(.

RiOtChEsS

sounds like the suns r saving their pennies with lockout imminent  :-\

j959

Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 12:55:40 AM
not really i don't think, they went and gave Channing Frye way too much money for what he brings to the table (not much IMO) and they also brought in Turk hoping he'd be a power forward and he's clearly not (for the NBA standard anway) as well as Josh Childress and Hakim Warrick.

I didn't have a problem with them trying Turk, Warrick and Childress out (they had to do something when Amare left for NY) but the extension on Frye didn't make sense to me. They also extended Jared Dudley and that was ok, he's actually worth something.

Nothing's really worked out this season so I'm worried they're gonna 'blow it all up' and might ask Nash if he'd prefer to go to a contender ...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2011, 02:45:41 PM
not really i don't think, they went and gave Channing Frye way too much money for what he brings to the table (not much IMO) and they also brought in Turk hoping he'd be a power forward and he's clearly not (for the NBA standard anway) as well as Josh Childress and Hakim Warrick.

I didn't have a probably with them trying Turk, Warrick and Childress out (they had to do something when Amare left for NY) but the extension on Frye didn't make sense to me. They also extended Jared Dudley and that was ok, he's actually worth something.

Nothing's really worked out this season so I'm worried they're gonna 'blow it all up' and might ask Nash if he'd prefer to go to a contender ...
i see ur point J but Frye was 6years 30million which is chump change when u hav Amare wanting 20mill a year over 5years the turkoglu thing didnt work and rightly so they moved that 4 year 54million contract childress dudley and warrick r all small contracts too so besides Nash everyones either expiring like vince carter (only 4million of his 16 for next year garaunteed) or on cheap contracts trust me they r cleaning house and looking to hav as much cap room as possible for when the collective bargaining agreement is sorted out(projected 20% player salary cut) and then rebuild instantly... dont be suprised if Nash goes for draft picks or another expiring contract.

8-6 Suited

How was Rondo's Triple-Double with 22 assists against the spurs. He is definately in career best form and I feel is a guaranteed All-Star again this season.

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on January 07, 2011, 06:30:25 PM
How was Rondo's Triple-Double with 22 assists against the spurs. He is definately in career best form and I feel is a guaranteed All-Star again this season.
+1 - but inj might keep him out??

j959

Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 04:15:43 PM
Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2011, 02:45:41 PM

I didn't have a probably with them trying Turk, Warrick and Childress out (they had to do something when Amare left for NY) but the extension on Frye didn't make sense to me. They also extended Jared Dudley and that was ok, he's actually worth something.

i see ur point J but Frye was 6years 30million which is chump change when u hav Amare wanting 20mill a year over 5years the turkoglu thing didnt work and rightly so they moved that 4 year 54million contract
yeah, i s'pose Marcz - there will be heaps of expiring contracts.
Frye may have been chump change but still not value for money.

Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 04:15:43 PM
childress dudley and warrick r all small contracts too so besides Nash everyones either expiring like vince carter (only 4million of his 16 for next year garaunteed) or on cheap contracts trust me they r cleaning house and looking to hav as much cap room as possible for when the collective bargaining agreement is sorted out(projected 20% player salary cut) and then rebuild instantly... dont be suprised if Nash goes for draft picks or another expiring contract.
i hope they can rebuild quikcly, didn't mind the Gortat, Pietreus, Carter trade at all and they got lucky the season before but Amare has had years to lead them to a championship and just wasn't going to get them there - you don't pay top-dollar for a non-champion player (a la Chris Bosh), but they're hurting now with Amare gone, but you gotta take the lumps i s'pose.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2011, 07:28:22 PM

Was his first game back I believe, after I think missing 8 games of which 3 were precautionary to make sure his hamstrings didn't play up. I don't think he will miss because the fact he has been the best PG in the league even missing those games.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on January 07, 2011, 08:14:28 PM
Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2011, 07:28:22 PM

Was his first game back I believe, after I think missing 8 games of which 3 were precautionary to make sure his hamstrings didn't play up. I don't think he will miss because the fact he has been the best PG in the league even missing those games.
2nd game back shaggy ;)

J they will be good they r hardly ever bad similar to ur swans minus a title hardly ever bottom out :)