Main Menu

NBA Season 2010-2011

Started by Andrew3737, October 27, 2010, 10:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2010, 04:53:46 PM
Just for fun I thought I would check out the salaries (paid this year) of certain teams and compare them.

Sacramento - $42,938,288
Miami - $63,455,525
Lakers - $95,002,480
Dallas - $85,174,302
Boston - $77,218,815
Bucks - $68,860,181
Suns - $63,746,434
thats the main issue with american sports is the loop holes in cap and structures which tend favour the more wealthy owners... baseball is the worst for it bcos there is no real salary cap... next year is looking like an NBA NFL lockout due to the players association and the NBA and NFL being at loggerheads over the collective bargaining agreements of players salaries... the players want more and the NBA/NFL want around a 20% cut... both parties have agreeed on 1 thing and that is that there is a 99% chance of no basketball and football being played in the u.s. next year :-\

Cicjose

That's a lot of money :) Can I have that as my salary next year?

Justin Bieber

A mediocore NBA player makes more than an Entire AFL team ::).

It's a joke but when you have money....... ::).

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 14, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
A mediocore NBA player makes more than an Entire AFL team ::).

It's a joke but when you have money....... ::).
yep its an eye opener... take JJ Redick of orlando magic the bulls and magic fought over signing him this offseason for 3years 20million dollars... he plays 22minutes a night (less than half a game) averages 7.8points 1.6rebounds 1.5assists a game wtf :o

Cicjose

RiOtChEsS

Live from MSG Knicks Vs Heat in 3D on espn 11am est... :o

8-6 Suited

The only teams that matter... Spurs and Boston. :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 18, 2010, 04:07:52 PM
The only teams that matter... Spurs and Boston. :)
still early days... and what about the defending champs dont count them out either

RiOtChEsS

HOLY SHOWER THE MAGIC just got a whole lot better aquiring Gilbert Arenas Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu overnight and gave up bugger all in return... Rashard Lewis for Arenas and Vince Carter Pietruis and Gortat for J Rich and Turk... this makes them a MONSTER in the east... The East is looking strong this year and the semi finals will be amazing Boston Orlando Miami Bulls imo 8)

Justin Bieber

:o :o :o. Some nice trading.

On a media point of view, Wizards have come up good but a downgrade none the less.

For the Suns, Carter is good but is past his best. J-Rich is a loss :'(. Don't much care about Hedo though. Can't play like he did back when he was at the Magic.

Magic have come out big winners but have a few big contracts on their hands.

RiOtChEsS

yeah 4 sure the wizards have actually come up trumps aswell... they have been hanging out to deal arenas ever since they signed him to a 6 year 100million dollar deal he has been injured and in trouble...  the suns r happy to get rid of turkoglu 4year 55million and carters only garaunteed 4million of his 16 mill next season so that opens up cap space too... i think with next years lockout imminent owners r frothing to get rid of big contracts and those that have a small 1-2 year championship window r going to load up like theres no tomorrow bcos who knows when the next season will be played, expect more blockbusters before the trade deadline around the allstar break... Carmelo should be on the move too denver cant sign him unless its a sign and trade and if they dont trade him they wont get any compensation and the knicks and nets r his 2 preffered destinations

Cicjose

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH OUR WINNING STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last two losses for Miami have come from Dallas

At least we can still look back on 2006 with fond memories

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Cicjose on December 21, 2010, 04:28:51 PM
ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH OUR WINNING STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last two losses for Miami have come from Dallas

At least we can still look back on 2006 with fond memories
so true after were down 2 games to none then reeled off 4 straight

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Marcz on December 19, 2010, 12:12:33 PM
HOLY SHOWER THE MAGIC just got a whole lot better aquiring Gilbert Arenas Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu overnight and gave up bugger all in return... Rashard Lewis for Arenas and Vince Carter Pietruis and Gortat for J Rich and Turk... this makes them a MONSTER in the east... The East is looking strong this year and the semi finals will be amazing Boston Orlando Miami Bulls imo 8)

No offence but... Are you flowering kidding me Marcz? The magic got screwed big flowering time making the trades.

The Lewis to Arenas trade isn't very bad... But the trades to the Suns are where they got raped in the ass. The Suns came up massively ahead. They get the very Underrated Gortot for height they need.

Now lets look at it this way...

Gortot = Turkoglo = Well balanced trade.

Vince Carter  and Pietruis plus Cash and a future first round draft pick > J Rich = ??? Are you flowering serious? lol

RiOtChEsS

mmm dunno shag i rekn they r better now time will tell but the team they had was going nowhere fast (6straight losses?) vince injured all the time not a good 3point shooter lewis supposed to be a good 3point shooter and does bugger all else... j rich is shooting 45% from 3 arenas is shooting 40% from 3 and can flat out score