Main Menu

NBA Season 2010-2011

Started by Andrew3737, October 27, 2010, 10:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

im actually keen to hear ur thoughts on Melo Andrew...

how do u rate him?

i think he is a sub par defender an average field goal shooter and makes most of his points at the charity stripe... even there he isnt elite 8)

Andrew3737

I rate him high. I'd go as far as saying prob the best offensive talent in the NBA. Guy can do everything. Defense however, is a major problem. Attitude and defence is what is stopping this guy from making the current nuggets a real contender.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Andrew3737 on February 21, 2011, 11:26:35 PM
I rate him high. I'd go as far as saying prob the best offensive talent in the NBA. Guy can do everything. Defense however, is a major problem. Attitude and defence is what is stopping this guy from making the current nuggets a real contender.
really? wow he is good but wow im a little suprised i thought u would crucify his game...

Andrew3737

I hate his defensive game and his attitude.

8-6 Suited

He is probably the best scorer in the NBA, with LBJ and then Durant behind him. Most potential in one anyway. I rate his offensive game very highly as well, and the same as Andrew, can't stand his attitude. Too lazy in defence IMO.

RiOtChEsS

he is a strong guy and he bullies his way to the basket but the diversity of his game doesnt help others and with his showery defence he is a guy i wouldnt have on my team for quids let alone move heaven and earth like the Knicks r considering...

8-6 Suited

Yeah but the Knicks need someone like him to go with Stoudemire. I can see why they are doing it and want him.

RiOtChEsS

i dont see Melo fitting with Amare very well...

altho very different both similar in requirements to get theirs...

id like to see The Knicks hang on to what theyve got and try sign him in the offseason... they r throwing Gallinari Chandler and Felton at The Nuggets thats ridiculous... save ur pennies and throw it all at Superman when he becomes a free agent this summer...

now that could get the job done with some role players around them...

8-6 Suited

They need too, to get around salary cap issues.

RiOtChEsS

new CBA will be a huge issue with all the greedy hands in the NBA...

i dont see Melo sacrificing salary to win it all where as i believe Dwight would...

Andrew3737

Knicks have 0 defence. Rumours of Deron joining up. If so, they will be serious contenders and they won't need a high profile defender. Signing Melo in the offseason will be a lot harder due to more compeition from others.

8-6 Suited

I had actually heard a rumour about Dwight a week or so ago... Which was funny since Magic made the trades to please him. Guess it didn't work.  Don't remember who it involved though. Also funny that Ray Allen said Dwight would look good in green.

RiOtChEsS

sportscenter r reporting right now Melo Billups 2 lil name guys for Devin Harris D Favors Troy Murphy and 2 lil name guys...

Melo Billups for Chandler Gallinari Felton Curry and a 1st rd pick from the Twolves who would get A Randolph...

Deron doesnt work with Felton there so its a waste

Superman in green cmon man ur being bias :P

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nuggets-anthonytradetalks
link to the proposed deals...

8-6 Suited

Deadset, Ray said it the other day. :D I thought it was funny, we don't have the room for his wage though lol

Billups Melo and Amare would be deadset sick.

Andrew3737

I mean Dwight/Melo is way better then Amare/Melo. Only a handful of championship teams have had 1 star and the rest chumps. Pretty much while Cleveland failed so hard. Just shows how good LeBron was that he carried a team full of chumps to 60+ wins.

Gasol+Kobe
KG+PP34
Wade+Shaq
TD+Parker/Ginobli

etc etc

You gotta have a top 5 player in your team. Not many have won a Championship without having 1 player in the 1st All NBA Team.

Dwight/Melo will win rings. It might be actually better fit then LeBron+Wade, but LeBron just beasts to often.

Dwight/Melo and a wing defender would be the number 1 team in the NBA imo.

For all of you wondering, my top 10 is

1.LeBron
2.Dwight
3.CP3
4.Durant
5.Gasol
6.Wade
7.KG
8.Dirk
9.Melo
10.TD

Then theres Rose, Rondo, D-Will, few otheres that are poretty hard to rank.

Feel sorry for Dirk. Been a beast but has shower team mates that he can't carry.