15 (28.3%)
Very Good
5 (9.4%)
Awesome
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Cicjose

Quote from: Simple Jack on November 19, 2010, 12:10:57 AM
  Well done North, great draft picks. Who would have thought we could have got such bargains in Shaun Atley and Kieren Harper. I was hoping to get Issac Smith, but we have done even better.I never thought Atley would go so late. Harper at 27 is a steal he is all class.

People look for a bottom line, especially the players themselves, and we had so many elements in our testing that we were keen to put together an overall score," AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan told afl.com.au.

"We felt 120 was a good number as it's the number of minutes played in a game. It's a figure we can relate to in footy."

Under the new system, the total of 120 points is divided so that 60 are allocated to skills, 40 are allocated to a player's athleticism and 20 are allocated to mental skills.

Rank   Player   Score   Drafted by
1   Dion Prestia    96.15   Gold Coast (pick 9 )
2   Josh Caddy   94.85   Gold Coast (pick 7 )
3   Dyson Heppell   90.93   Essendon (pick 8 )
4   Mitch Wallis   90.75   Western Bulldogs (pick 22, f/s )
5   Ben Jacobs   90.17   Port Adelaide (pick 16 )
6   Andrew Gaff   89.43   West Coast Eagles (pick 4 )
7   Alex Fasolo   87.08   Collingwood (pick 45 )
8   Tom Liberatore   86.05   Western Bulldogs (pick 41, f/s )
9   Jamie Cripps   85.73   St Kilda (pick 24 )
10   Lucas Cook   85.70   Melbourne (pick 12 )

browny_wce

the Roos had some of the best picks in the draft
i recon Atley and Parker could do the same as Bastinac next year, but they add that blistering pace to the team to back Harvey

Cicjose

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 23, 2010, 11:31:57 PM
People thought this year it could be pulled off. A massive risk nonetheless. Have to depend on all of them playing. I would say 4 in the mids at a max (just incase some play 2-3 rounds then are dropped). Having 9 rookies in the mids would really be a bold move by anybody. It can work out well but have to nail the rookies on the head to do so.

I would say a decent rookie midfield this year would have to include some of the following if not all:
Swallow, Bennell, Gaff, Polec, Conca, Heppell and Atley. Alot of the higher picked rookies, but they are more likely to play as they go to teams who could use the midfielders (well maybe not Atley going to the Roos but still.....).

Ideas for a rookie midfield thx Hello :)

elephants

good but withh all those mpp forwards you need someone to swap with in your midfield ?

Cicjose

I know but im not sure who i want to put in. ATM the rookies i have are getting a lot of praise and promotion here and i don't know any youngsters atm who have been getting the recognition as an mpp Mid / FWD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated LE :)

browny_wce

Quote from: Cicjose on November 24, 2010, 08:14:24 PM
I know but im not sure who i want to put in. ATM the rookies i have are getting a lot of praise and promotion here and i don't know any youngsters atm who have been getting the recognition as an mpp Mid / FWD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated LE :)
apparently Prestia and Green MPP fwd/mid

elephants

Quote from: browny_wce on November 25, 2010, 10:45:10 AM
Quote from: Cicjose on November 24, 2010, 08:14:24 PM
apparently Prestia and Green MPP fwd/mid
+1

there was early talk of conca being f/c too. i think just wait 'till the official positions come in and 'itll then ENJOY THE CRICKET (peter siddle you champ)

Cicjose

i saw the score at 3 - 150 :( Can't believe i missed out seeing hat trick. Anywhere i can find ball by ball video highlights of this??? also a wicket with 3rd ball of the day  :o I missed a great game of cricket by the sounds of it.

Barlow 21

Good Team Cicjose! ;)

Siddles hatrick was amazing.

Cicjose

Is there a problem with Wilson and Darling in the forwards at the same time to start with? Also can anyone suggest smokies to replace one of the two.

I don't want to get rid of Mcdonald because Meesen and Johnson were delisted so i don't know who is in line to be called up as a backup ruckman for Jamar

(Maric????)

browny_wce

Quote from: Barlow 21 on November 25, 2010, 08:05:45 PM
Good Team Cicjose! ;)

Siddles hatrick was amazing.
Petes hattrick was crazy!
Husseys 195 was amazing! love the guy  ;D

Cicjose

Quote from: knightmare on November 30, 2010, 01:15:29 PM
Weller will turn 19 just before the nab cup.  Hes tasmanian and debued in his senior team at 15. Was also Tasmanian u/16 Captain. 182cm 79kg accurate kick aggressive tackler, so say the suns website. Hes played VFL from the coast so because he didnt get drafted he is priced at 84k.

Luke Parker Drafted at 40 to the swans. The coast already had almost 15 picks before the draft including its 17year olds and its queensland and zone priorities. Parker wouldnt have been drafted in the top 50 otherwise. I cant see him playing more than 2-5 games late in the season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105775/default.aspx

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/dream_team_breakevens?p=&min_salary=0&max_salary=800000&sort=2&order=D
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/dream_team_breakevens?p=&min_salary=0&max_salary=800000&sort=1&order=D

j959

Quote from: Cicjose on November 28, 2010, 12:19:14 PM
Is there a problem with Wilson and Darling in the forwards at the same time to start with? Also can anyone suggest smokies to replace one of the two.
think with the bye, probably better to have 1 of the 2 - lots of other options out there potentially ...

Jed Lamb, Dion Prestia, Brandon Matera ...
have also seen other post about Butcher, Fasolo etc ...

Cicjose

thx j959

Who should i pick ???????????????????????????

Addam Maric, Robert Campbell or Tom Mcdonald?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105872/default.aspx

apparently Maric is doing well on the training track :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105913/default.aspx]

Pre-season draft result

http://psrdrafttracker.afl.com.au/

browny_wce

a 3 rookie midfield and back??? interesting
are they that quality though?