starting to plan for 2011

Started by col178, October 24, 2010, 02:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Quote from: col178 on October 25, 2010, 07:27:25 PM
Quote from: McRooster on October 24, 2010, 09:54:56 PM
Cross is the new Boyd, will get under most radar.

Where did you finish in 2010? because by the look of it you have a pretty good grip on it  :)

Remember though, rookies = rewards  ;)
Finished 65kish.  :-[  Knew nothing about DT and picked a team 2hrs before lockout.Tried to fix bad starting team but then ran out of trades, hope to avoid that this year.
Think I'll get rid of petterd and anthony and get in 2 more rookies. Probably upgrade Cox to Sandiland

W
65K  ::) Yeah burning trades always hurts but resist the temptation to do so many early. You have now been bitten by the DT bug and this is the best place to find help from the many respected posters here.
Yeah Petterd for a rookie, keep Anthony and start Swallow.
Cox to Sandi is a good move also.
Set your team with 12-15 keepers in mind, and then play around with the next most likelies. Remember to spread the choices as it will make the bye easier to counter.
Picking too many rookie will help you to a league win no doubt but if it's the car your after then a smarter approach to consistant scorers is the key (to your new Toyota)

Good luck and check out the other threads, everybody is here to help  ;)

elephants

yep as rooster said, no more than two from one team in each possie (i like to say one though)

i think pettard is worth keeping though. he is very underpriced (less than 200k) and i haven't heard of many forward rookies this year :)

browny_wce

There's a couple who will be in deffinate consideration like Lamb and Matera also a couple of others being thrown around like Darling, Lynch, Cook and Smeldts

elephants

thanks browny :) staying well clear of darling though :)

browny_wce

yeh could be wise, tho he has been likened to Franklin both in his attitude and his ability.
Remember Buddy had some dramas in his early years (especially under18s)
so i think if Darling can live up to his 2009 form he sure can dominate
but with so many other good forward rookies, do u risk it??

watson

This is my team so far

Brendon Goddard 
Brian Lake         
Luke Hodge     
Andrew Carrazzo         
Beau Waters         
James Kelly         

Dane Swan         
Gary Ablett jnr         
Bryce Gibbs         
Jobe Watson         

Aaron Sandilands         
Patrick Ryder         

Paul Chapman     
Dale Thomas     
Jack Riewoldt   
Brad Green         
Nick Riewoldt         
Alan Didak

browny_wce

Quote from: watson on October 28, 2010, 11:13:01 AM
This is my team so far

Brendon Goddard 
Brian Lake         
Luke Hodge     
Andrew Carrazzo         
Beau Waters         
James Kelly         

Dane Swan         
Gary Ablett jnr         
Bryce Gibbs         
Jobe Watson         

Aaron Sandilands         
Patrick Ryder         

Paul Chapman     
Dale Thomas     
Jack Riewoldt   
Brad Green         
Nick Riewoldt         
Alan Didak
righto watson, suppose this is your 1st post, you'll have to make your own new post there buddy, do it on the main page

as to your team, you have alot of premiums (really expensive players) in there, do some research on the rookies and under priced players

I also wouldnt have Waters or Carrazzo in your team at this point, and maybe look at putting Gibbs in your backline if he becomes a MPP

have a check thru the rest of the teams posted in Rate My Dream Team to get an idea of what the other guys on here are looking at  ;)

col178

Made a few changes what do you think?

Goddard,Hodge,Kelly,Deledio,Hurley,Otten,Coad (Richardson,Toy,Mzungu)
Swan,Chapman,Shuey,Swallow,Foley,Polec (Atley,Wallis,Clarke)
Sandilands,Leuenberger (Smith,McDonald)
Didak,Sylvia,N Riewoldt,Pavlich,ROK,Knights,Petrie (Darling,Matera,Talia)

100k+ left

Hoping Hurley will have a breakout year
Shuey almost rookie price and will play every week given so many other rookies in mids.
McDonald link between Forward and ruck and a better chance to play than Daw.

Rookies will change when we have a better idea who will start.

Cicjose

I wouldn't have leuenberger i would get someone like Petrie, Chapman seems to be a waste of a midfield spot (i would pick him as a forward) seems alright otherwise

browny_wce

Get rid of the Burger, get Jolly or Ryder or Cox, that's ur best option

col178

Had been thinking of leuenberger as a unique as everyone else is staying clear. He seemed to improve in 2010 so I thought there may be more improvement as he is still young for a ruckman. As I have only been following DT for a year can someone please let me know what I am missing as everyone seems to be down on him.
As for chappy I will probably move him into the forward line and replace ROK. I'll get another prem mid and then find a good mpp rookie prospect but I'll probably have to wait until these are released.

j959

Quote from: col178 on December 01, 2010, 04:27:44 PM
Had been thinking of leuenberger as a unique as everyone else is staying clear. He seemed to improve in 2010 so I thought there may be more improvement as he is still young for a ruckman. As I have only been following DT for a year can someone please let me know what I am missing as everyone seems to be down on him.
col, i'm pretty new to DT too but I think most would say that for your rucks you want a 'lock and leave' sort of setup with a Sandi/Ryder or Sandi/Jolly  etc so that you don't have to burn trades upgrading your rucks when you're more likely to want them to upgrade your rookie mids (or fwds or defs) to premiums.

pretty much every man and his dog will have Petrie either in their fwd or ruck because he is a fallen premium and can hold down that 2nd ruck spot at a big discount to leuenberger's starting price.

leuenberger is also at that 65+ avg range where it's probably better to spend a bit more to get a more reliable higher averaging ruck or getting a bargain basement rookie in the hope that they will increase in value.

browny_wce

as j959 said col, its a good idea to have the locks in your rucks from the start, having to waste trades in your rucks is not a good strategy

i looked at Luenburger a bit this year for next year, he does lead the ruck but shares it with Clarke and Charman(when hes fit), and is a DT ruck scorer in the same mould as Seaby, might pull out a 100 once in a blue moon but will more likely avg 60s and dont think he will go up that much in price

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: McRooster on October 24, 2010, 09:54:56 PM
Cross is the new Boyd, will get under most radar.

Where did you finish in 2010? because by the look of it you have a pretty good grip on it  :)

Remember though, rookies = rewards  ;)

cross is so frustrating though because he handballs all the time.