starting to plan for 2011

Started by col178, October 24, 2010, 02:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

col178

2010 was first year in DT and didn't do well. Hoping for some advice for this year to try and go better. First draft for this year.

Goddard,Hodge,Kelly,Broughton,Houli,Otten,Coad,(Mzungu,Richardson,Toy)
Swan,Selwood,Cross,Anthony,Petterd,Foley,(Swallow,X.Clarke,Krakouer)
Cox,Leuenberger,(Smith,Daw)
N.Riewoldt,Gia,Pavlich,Brown,Knights,Petrie,Cook,(Hill,Hooper,Matera)

100K left. Rookies will change following NAB cup.

All criticism welcome

MTTY

Quote from: col178 on October 24, 2010, 02:12:27 PM
2010 was first year in DT and didn't do well. Hoping for some advice for this year to try and go better. First draft for this year.

Goddard,Hodge,Kelly,Broughton,Houli,Otten,Coad,(Mzungu,Richardson,Toy)
Swan,Selwood,Cross,Anthony,Petterd,Foley,(Swallow,X.Clarke,Krakouer)
Cox,Leuenberger,(Smith,Daw)
N.Riewoldt,Gia,Pavlich,Brown,Knights,Petrie,Cook,(Hill,Hooper,Matera)

100K left. Rookies will change following NAB cup.

All criticism welcome
It's an impressive team. the only criticism i will give is that you haven't taken advantage of the midfield talent in the draft eg. Gaff, Atley, Polec, Caddy. You could downgrade atleast 2 of Petterd, Foley and Anthony(i would go Petterd and Anthony), and for one bring in a rookie for the other either another rookie and then upgrade Cross to a MPP C/F like Chappy or instead get McNeil and then put Swallow and another rookie on the field. They will be good cash cows for you to upgrade later on, then you could also use the extra cash to upgrade Leuenberger and maybe Cox. And else where around the ground.

Fletch74

Not a bad side, but I'd have to agree with MTTY. You need to have a few rookies on the field in the midfield. Swallow should be on the field along with players like Gaff and Atley, etc.

I would upgrade Cox to Sandi, he's expensive, but worth it, and maybe you could upgrade Berger to Ryder then.

Also just a tip, be wary of Gia. I would focus on him more as an upgrade target, he's very inconsistent. Otherwise it's very good.

col178

Will bring more rookies into mids once NAB cup over as I don't want to overload with too many Gold Coast rookies. 
I had Gia for part of the season last year so I'm aware of his inconsistency but if he gets more mid time he may score better?What does everyone else think.

Justin Bieber

More midfield time would raise anybody's scores!! Except Pav :P.

Team looks good but I agree with others about the rookies. I like the forward line as it's a good mix. Which Hill is that on the bench though?

Like Cross in the midfield. Don't see him in enough of teams!!

Cox and Leu has the potential to be great!! Just injury concerns here and there.

col178

Tom Hill or could be any rookie who looks like getting game time.

Realise some players may have injury concerns but hopefully they can make some money and be upgraded before they break down again. I may even get lucky and they could play a whole season.    :D

MTTY

Quote from: col178 on October 24, 2010, 03:18:39 PM
Will bring more rookies into mids once NAB cup over as I don't want to overload with too many Gold Coast rookies. 
I had Gia for part of the season last year so I'm aware of his inconsistency but if he gets more mid time he may score better?What does everyone else think.
Thats exactley why i will have him shortlisted when he played mid he got a lot of points

McRooster

Cross is the new Boyd, will get under most radar.

Where did you finish in 2010? because by the look of it you have a pretty good grip on it  :)

Remember though, rookies = rewards  ;)

browny_wce

there are plenty of high quality rookies out there that are deff worth spots in your team
i reckon u need at least 2 on field mid rookies, with the 3 on the bench
too much risk in playing too many returning mids like foley, krakouer, kerr, anthony etc.
pettard is a bit odd in ur mids, deff need a premo MPP or a rookie

elephants

Quote from: McRooster on October 24, 2010, 09:54:56 PM

you think so rooster?????

col178

Where did you finish in 2010? because by the look of it you have a pretty good grip on it  :)

Remember though, rookies = rewards  ;)
Finished 65kish.  :-[  Knew nothing about DT and picked a team 2hrs before lockout.Tried to fix bad starting team but then ran out of trades, hope to avoid that this year.
Think I'll get rid of petterd and anthony and get in 2 more rookies. Probably upgrade Cox to Sandiland

W

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on October 24, 2010, 11:13:09 PM

I think so aswell! Boyd was a great unique last year and the years before. This year got alot of attention due to awards last year :(. Cross has always been consistently scoring even though he handballs. Very underrated which rules him out of most teams ;). Great unique option!!

elephants

browny_wce

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 25, 2010, 08:24:29 PM
I think so aswell! Boyd was a great unique last year and the years before. This year got alot of attention due to awards last year :(. Cross has always been consistently scoring even though he handballs. Very underrated which rules him out of most teams ;). Great unique option!!
i believe the big drawcard with Cross is that he finished 2010 playing differently, marking and kicking alot more
Deff puts him on a few peoples radars
pumps out consistent 100s, but havent seen him demolish a 140/150 DT game more than once, which is what u want from ur premo mids

elephants

Quote from: browny_wce on October 25, 2010, 09:21:57 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 25, 2010, 08:24:29 PM
i believe the big drawcard with Cross is that he finished 2010 playing differently, marking and kicking alot more
Deff puts him on a few peoples radars
pumps out consistent 100s, but havent seen him demolish a 140/150 DT game more than once, which is what u want from ur premo mids

FAIR PLAY MATEY :)