Main Menu

(Pre) (Pre-) FanFooty Championship Talk

Started by Master Q, October 23, 2010, 05:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on October 23, 2010, 06:26:52 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 23, 2010, 06:23:02 PM
yeah i reckon it should be either a combination of the two eg. there is 4 pools of 8, and the top 2 in each pool play in a knockout, or a pure knockout. It should be really early next year
Ok. You didn't give me an answer for the First one but you did for the Second.

It seems that most want it in Mid-Summer.
what was the first one?

Master Q

BratPack

I think a 32 team knockout starting about the time of the first Ashes test is perfect. I'd be in for it

Alex7089

Q I would say do it at the start of next season to get the newer guys a chance to develop their teams before the Cup.

I would personally like the pools better but I'm fairly sure that it costs more credits :(

Master Q

Thing is I'm not avalible in Late-December and Early Jan...

Yep cost 4x more Alex, when is the start of next season?

Boomz

Master Q

Hmph...

We can do a Warm-Up Cup then, then start it Mid-Jan?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on October 23, 2010, 06:32:43 PM
Thing is I'm not avalible in Late-December and Early Jan...

Yep cost 4x more Alex, when is the start of next season?
Then put it off for a bit. I don't think we have 32 people on here using it anyway (yet). Could just do a straight out knockout to save the preperation time.

If you aren't going to be here, push it back further. Have another cup next season (unofficial). Would be nice to have the T20 one seeing as the T20 league should be up and running in Summer 8).

Alex7089

Yeah, that sounds good Q. Means we will all have a chance to build our teams before then and it will be the best managers as opposed to the oldest players that do well :D

Master Q

Just so you guys no, this Spring Cup will not be Officially Recorded.

So here's the plan at the Moment:

Early December - SOD or T20 warm up Cup, name still needed.

Mid-Jan - Small Cup or maybe few Warm Up Friendlies

Late-Mid-Jan - Championship

bomberboy0618

i reckon it should be a pool then a knockout eg top 2 in each pool play in a finals series

roo boys!

I'm not sure if I will be back for mid-Jan, probably will be back by late-Jan...

I like the pools idea too.

PS, have fun with the membership ;)

Master Q

Ok maybe we move the Second Tournament later then the Championship could be like in Early Feb?

roo boys!

You don't need to change it just for me, but if it is in Early Feb that would be better.

Barlow 21