Main Menu

(Pre) (Pre-) FanFooty Championship Talk

Started by Master Q, October 23, 2010, 05:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Well I've got some news, and a few questions for you guys.

First, the news.

Soon, I'll be buying a 3 Month Membership which comes with Credits, which means, I competition can actually be official  :) .

Next, a few things I've though about.

I was thinking that before the tournament we make a list of how many people want to play. If the list is big, we will make those newer players go up against each other to fight it out for the last spots. There are 2 ways to run the Comp.

1. Simple Knockout

2. Split Players into Groups. Let's say there are 32 players playing, I'll make 4 Pools of 8. The Pools will run as a regular league until everyone has played each other, the Top 2 teams from each Group will then move into the Knockout stages.

Thoughts?

And now the last question/ idea

I was thinking that all the Competitions could be around the same time, like, The Spring Racing Carnival (Melbourne). So we could have all these Lead-Up Tournaments to prepare teams etc. The only problem is I don't know when this should be held?

bomberboy0618

MajorLazer

I'll be in it Q.
Don't know where I would be classified but I'll be in it.

Boomz

Justin Bieber

Sounds good by might be hard fitting in all these comps in a short period of time. Earliest to have it is the start of next season I suppose.

Master Q

Boomz

I'd prefer it to be a knockout comp & I reckon the sooner the better lol

MajorLazer

I think the pools idea would work because we might be able to get more than 20 people and it's hard to do a KO cup with that many.

bomberboy0618

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 23, 2010, 06:07:04 PM
Quote from: Master Q on October 23, 2010, 06:05:12 PM
Anybody mind answering the questions...
hp, boomz and ml did  ::)
Excuse me BB, do you know that the oldest posts are at the top and the newest are at the bottom?

ML to be honest I don't think a KO is to hard with 32, only 4 rounds?

bomberboy0618

Master Q

bomberboy0618

yeah i reckon it should be either a combination of the two eg. there is 4 pools of 8, and the top 2 in each pool play in a knockout, or a pure knockout. It should be really early next year

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 23, 2010, 06:23:02 PM
yeah i reckon it should be either a combination of the two eg. there is 4 pools of 8, and the top 2 in each pool play in a knockout, or a pure knockout. It should be really early next year
Ok. You didn't give me an answer for the First one but you did for the Second.

It seems that most want it in Mid-Summer.