Main Menu

Loves Cox

Started by RobsOverAchieverss, October 23, 2010, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobsOverAchieverss

Guys i am going to the cox plate any tips for some horses that might win? is there any gamblers here? because the only horse i know is Phar lap.

Justin Bieber

I've been waiting so long to do this:

Do you need help? http://www.problemgambling.vic.gov.au/

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 23, 2010, 10:00:39 AM
I've been waiting so long to do this:

Do you need help? http://www.problemgambling.vic.gov.au/
LOL hp thats my thing you stole it!!! I dont have a gambling problem i am pretty confident i have remortgaged my house and pretty sure i can land the winner :P

Justin Bieber

Lol :P. Just had to do it once ;D.

It's not gambling when its a sure thing ;).

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 23, 2010, 10:03:47 AM

serious any tips or should i go by colours or names?

Justin Bieber

I go by names in the Melbourne Cup. Maybe try the same for yourself today ;D.

Picked 2 winners in 3 years and another placing (each year) :P.

CrowsFan

Or as I like to say it's not an addiction if you keep winning ;)

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 23, 2010, 10:48:32 AM

Or as I like to say it's not an addiction if you keep winning ;)
Guys your arent helping with tips lol!!!!

CrowsFan

Haha sorry. I don't know anything about horses so can't help you

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 23, 2010, 11:17:28 AM
Haha sorry. I don't know anything about horses so can't help you
ok well i am off if i win i will let you know just i have decided to back whobegot you in the big one for the fact that all the words have no spaces between them bad grammar= equals alot in common with myself i am onto a winner.

Fletch74

The Cox Plate is a one horse race this year. So You Think, by the length of the straight, but he'll be too short. I'd try running doubles with him, and a few horces in each of the preceding race, and subsequent race.

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 23, 2010, 12:29:04 PM
The Cox Plate is a one horse race this year. So You Think, by the length of the straight, but he'll be too short. I'd try running doubles with him, and a few horces in each of the preceding race, and subsequent race.
ok what fletch?

Fletch74

I don't know, I'm not having a bet. I would just have look at the races either side and go maybe 4-5 horses that you think might win, and link them with So You Think, and you might have a chance.

5 horces into 1 will only cost you $5

nas

Pamela Anderson oh oh wait you said " TIPS" oh my bad. Lol

BratPack

I'm sure you do Rob I'm sure you do :P

That said let me have a look see at the card. Although bear in mind I probably won't land a thing, just my own personal thoughts :P

R2: Listed Race. Amber's Waltz is the class after a strong run in the Thousand Guineas but I don't think she can overcome the 3 kilos in weight she has to give. I like the #7 Absolutely. Out of Redoute's Choice, good first up 2nd. 4 kilos better off. I look that way
7 Absolutely- 1 Amber's Waltz-4 Follonica Best Outsider 6 Attributes

R3: First of the group races. A very open race in which you can just about make claims for everyone.  I look to the #4 Happy Trails. It has the most expericence on a dead track, hasn't raced here though which is a concern but I think D Oliver on board counteracts that.
4 Happy Trails-2 Lone Rock-7 Dutchy's Lass Best Outsider 3 The Ruffian

R4: The old Waterford Crystal Mile now under new sponsorship. Going with the #5 Poor Judge, pretty eyecatching run in the Toorak Handicap and The Gauch on board.
5 Poor Judge-12 Firebolt-8 Rockpecker Best Outsider 4 La Rocket (Primarily to give Daz hope)

R5: This race is a match race pure and simple. #4 Hot Danish and #6 Black Caviar will battle it out and the other 4 are battling for 3rd. As for the winner? This is where track experience will make a difference. Black Caviar to win. But on the flip side if you hate backing favorites. #1 Eagle Falls could shock if Clark and Nolen are too busy worry about each other
6 Black Caviar-4 Hot Danish-1 Eagle Falls Best Outsider: 1 Eagle Falls

R6: One of the key tune ups for Derby Day. Or The Oaks if you're that way enclined. I like the #7 Rekindled Intrest, wasn't far away in the Caulfield Guineas, has track experience and is 1 for 1 on a Dead track. But there are a lot of chances.
7 Rekindled Intrest-4 Smokin' Joey-1 Hollowlea Best Outsider 2 Lion Tamer

R7: Could we finally see a Melbourne Cup winner here today? Probably not. #2 Precendence is the favorite and while he has questions. You learn to bet against Bart Cummings in the Spring at your peril. He should win.
2 Precendence-3 Jessicabeel-1 Capecover Best Outsider: 7 Irazu

R8: At long last we get to the big one. Whobegotyou back in form, So You Think the class, Zipping looking dangerous. More Joyous a show with the lighter weight. So difficult to pick, so when in doubt go to the golden rule. Never, EVER bet against Bart Cummings in the Spring
5 So You Think-10 More Joyous-6 Shoot Out Best Outsider: 8 Captain Sonador

R9: A long and exhausting day comes to an end with this one and it's wide open. I favor the #1 Katie Lee, it's won in stronger company than this, good record on a dead track and this is the sort of race a kiwi raider can steal.
1 Katie Lee-3 Moment in Time-2 Lady Lynette Best Outsider 11 My Emotion