ML Fanplanner Thread

Started by MajorLazer, October 22, 2010, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

Our ideas have been very similar and that's why I asked for your opinion. Really hoping Steele and Cyril fire because I am picking them for my team. I may get Kelly, although Hurn or Drummond could come into my team. Thanks for the great ideas. ;D

mophead222

happy to help, im wondering how to fit steele into my team, maybe for goodes, but he might fire with a new coach who should give him more mid time

MajorLazer

I wouldn't start with Goodes as he is a slow starter. Goodes could be a very good upgrade target though.

mophead222

thanks man, frees up lots of money

MajorLazer

How much money are you looking to have left over at the start?

mophead222

$170,400 i have now. might use a little more maybe, not sure where

MajorLazer

I'm trying to have 100k left over.

mophead222

ive got like 90 now, pretty happy

Maca24

agreed hard to comprehend how good sidey could get as he is 20 years old. think he will average 90+ for sure. although didak and thomas are on my radar i think ill end up with sidey,

MajorLazer

Stick with Sidebottom. His age is the one thing that is making me take him. It gives him so much potential.

Junktimer

G'day major.  i reckon this is by far your best team, so i will rate this.

backs: dont like hurn.  i would get a premium or a mid pricer like jed adcock instead. -0.5

mids: cant complain too much, but i think eadey's history of not playing first year players turns me off wallis.  -0.5

rucks: nice unique rucks, cant complain.

fwds: like it, not sure about simon phillips, but i wont penalise for it.

overall very nice team, 9/10

can you rate my new team?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23368.0.html

MajorLazer

Thanks Junk. I'll take a look at your team now. ;D

MajorLazer

So, do people think I should go with the premium/rookie one (last one) or one of the earlier teams?

MajorLazer

Here is a new team I made cos I was bored and can't sleep right now. :P

Backs
B.Goddard, B.Deledio, J.Kelly, G.Broughton, S. Hurn, J.Drummond, B.Jacobs
Bench
T.Mzungu, P.Puopolo, J.Toy

Mids
L.Hodge, S.Pendlebury, D.Swallow, A.Gaff, D.Heppell, S.Atley
Bench
J.Green, A.Krakouer, I.Callinan

Rucks
P.Ryder, M.Kreuzer
Bench
Z.Smith, S.Lycett

Forwards
L.Franklin, B.Harvey, M.Pavlich, B.Green, C.Rioli, S.Sidebottom, J.Lamb
Bench
J.Darling, A.Hooper, B.Matera

I know that the rucks are very risky with the byes, but in my team I will only have one of them.

Forwards also could be risky with Buddy and Cyril, but hoping Cyril will be MPP.

Decided to go with Pendles and Hodge because they could be unique with Hodge's loss of MPP and Swan being chosen by almost everyone.

Let me know what you guys think will work out of this team, because I will use bits and pieces of this team for my real team.

Junktimer

Major, your always helping me out, so I'll give you an in depth feedback.

like the backs.  you know how i feel about hurn though.  brave going without cam richardson.

i dont see the point of having hodge too much, for just a little more you can get guys who just dont have bad games, he is very expensive.  4 rookies is ok due to the amount of talent in the draft and the MPP you have.  Pendles is good but I think you should get Swan instead.  The lack of a super premium will hurt IMO.

Unique rucks, think they will go OK, not a fan of Ryder but that may be just me.

No Roo?  one of the biggest locks of the year IMO.  Harvey is 31, you cant help but see the champ decline, id wait till mid season to snap him up.  At least after his first bye in round 3.  I think Smitta is a better option to Lamb or better still Prestia if you got the dough.

Major, I'd give it 8/10.

Some of your previous teams have been better, but this one's pretty good all the same.