ML Fanplanner Thread

Started by MajorLazer, October 22, 2010, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

Yer it is pretty strong. Didn't realise it was that strong. I may use this strategy.

Maca24

Quote from: Junktimer on December 15, 2010, 06:40:42 PM
upgrade smedts to broughton and your good to go!
+1 no reason that team cant work ML

MajorLazer

Quote from: Maca24 on December 15, 2010, 09:33:08 PM
Quote from: Junktimer on December 15, 2010, 06:40:42 PM
upgrade smedts to broughton and your good to go!
+1 no reason that team cant work ML
I'm surprised it worked so well in the end. Just making it for fun.

Maca24

yeh i like to fiddle around with strategies to. some do look alrite in the end.
im tossing up so many different structures  :-\
im thinking 3 premiums, 3 rookies in the mids atm. though sometimes ive got 4 premiums in there lol. but ive come to the conclusion that sandi and jolly is the way2 go in the rucks. dont wana waste trades in the rucks.

MajorLazer

I have been doing 3 rookies 3 premiums. Might keep this team though.

Maca24

yes you should. how do you feel bout petrie? will you look at him.

MajorLazer

Yer was going to look at Petrie, but at his price he is a midpricer and I'm not having any of them. Not sure if he will score that much though.

Maca24

yea ive gone off him. think the interrupted preseason wont do him much good.

MajorLazer

Yer and if I have him in the forwards, it would mean having Tippett, Daw or McDonald as a ruckman, who I don't think are worth it.

pyronerd

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 15, 2010, 06:38:38 PM
This is the rookie/premium team and I am pretty sure I won't be going wit this startegy. Just wanted to try it out.

Backs
B.Goddard, L.Hodge, B.Lake, B.Deledio, B.Smedts, B.Jacobs, T.Mzungu
Bench
P.Puopolo, C.Richardson, J.Toy

Mids
D.Swan, J.Selwood, D.Swallow, A.Gaff, D.Heppell, S.Atley
Bench
M.Wallis, A.Krakouer, D.McNeil

Rucks
A.Sandilands, D.Jolly
Bench
Z.Smith, S.Lycett

Forwards
P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, A.Didak, M.Pavlich, D.Prestia, I.Smith
Bench
A.Hooper, J.Lamb, J.Darling

$401,400 left. As I said, I probably won't go with this strategy, but may have 4 rookies in the mids to create a strong forward and backline.
Let me know what you think.
yeah dont go with this option theres no sidebottom  ;) i like the team you had posted just before this one, leaving out sandi is a bold move, but if kreuzer does well enough it could pay off hansomely, ill give it a 9, everywhere else is solid as well  ;)

MajorLazer

Yer I am tossing up between these two options and if I go with the last on I made I will upgrade Smedts to Broughton and go Didak to Sidebottom. Maybe also Franklin to Rioli. Depends on how Buddy and Rioli go through pre season.

mophead222

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 15, 2010, 06:38:38 PM
This is the rookie/premium team and I am pretty sure I won't be going wit this startegy. Just wanted to try it out.

Backs
B.Goddard, L.Hodge, B.Lake, B.Deledio, B.Smedts, B.Jacobs, T.Mzungu
Bench
P.Puopolo, C.Richardson, J.Toy

Mids
D.Swan, J.Selwood, D.Swallow, A.Gaff, D.Heppell, S.Atley
Bench
M.Wallis, A.Krakouer, D.McNeil

Rucks
A.Sandilands, D.Jolly
Bench
Z.Smith, S.Lycett

Forwards
P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, A.Didak, M.Pavlich, D.Prestia, I.Smith
Bench
A.Hooper, J.Lamb, J.Darling

$401,400 left. As I said, I probably won't go with this strategy, but may have 4 rookies in the mids to create a strong forward and backline.
Let me know what you think.
I dont mind this strategy, tough to have the right rooks tho,

Maybe swap Billie Smedts for Heppell, coz im not sure how easily smedts will get games with geelongs list still strong and new coach chris scott saying that they are aiming for a premiership and nothing less this year.

Not huge on joel selwood, he is a gun and still has room to keep improving, but i think this year he may be better suited as an upgrade target because we will have to wait and see how he will deal with the increased tagging pressure now that GAJ is gone. also if heppell moves into backs, replace him with wallis in the starters and maybe hallahan on the bench, or conca as a starter?

love the lock and leave combo for the rucks, that looks to be the best strategy this year. :)

Fantastic fowards, nothing else to say.

9.1/10

MajorLazer

Yes I'm not sure about Selwood. Just got him to fill in a place. I'm going for Sidebottom instead of Didak and maybe Rioli instead of Buddy. Going to upgrade Smetds to Broughton and not sure about Lake.

Thanks for the opinion. :)

mophead222

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 14, 2010, 02:43:20 PM
Thought I'd try and make a different looking team. Probably will change quite a few players after pre-season, but I think this team isn't bad.

Backs                                Bench
Brendon Goddard             Tendai Mzungu       
Luke Hodge                      Cameron Richardson
Greg Broughton                Josh Toy         
Shannon Hurn         
Josh Drummond         
Andy Otten         
Ben Jacobs                                                             

Mids                                 Bench
Dane Swan                      Mitchell Wallis         
Paul Chapman                 Mitch Hallahan
Daniel Cross                    Andrew Krakouer
David Swallow         
Andrew Gaff         
Dyson Heppell         

Rucks                              Bench
Matthew Kreuzer            Tom Derickx
Darren Jolly                     Zac Smith

Forwards                        Bench
Nick Riewoldt                  Jack Darling
Matthew Pavlich             Andrew Hooper
Brad Green                     Simon Phillips
Cyril Rioli         
Steele Sidebottom         
Isaac Smith         
Dion Prestia       

Want to start off by saying, i like most of your ideas for teams, you and i have similar thoughts ;)

Really strong backs with GOD and Hodge, hurn is a risk but if it pays off the rewards will be massive.

Very good mids with good use of MPP to link with both fowards and backs, although chappy may cop a little more attention now that gaj is gone, but he may step up and thrive as being the only baldy for a change :p

I like these rucks, kruezer is one of my favourite players and i rekon he will be a great fantasy player for years to come, not sure how his knee has been going but he can get good scores on a consistent basis due to tackling a lot for a big man.

Love the fowards, Steele is my man and i think he, and rioli will imrove drastically next year.

Nice, 9.6/10

mophead222

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 16, 2010, 01:44:42 PM
Yes I'm not sure about Selwood. Just got him to fill in a place. I'm going for Sidebottom instead of Didak and maybe Rioli instead of Buddy. Going to upgrade Smetds to Broughton and not sure about Lake.

Thanks for the opinion. :)
lake for kelly could save you some money and kelly will get increased time in the midfield next year