Main Menu

What Mobile Phone do you currently have?

Started by PowerMan, October 21, 2010, 02:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 21, 2010, 08:41:50 PM
I got 3. :x Have 1 for work work, 1 for my own company I got going and my personal one.

Samsung Galaxy S, iPhone 4 and a Nokia E71

Which one do you prefer?

Have played around with the Galaxy and like the hardware, software is ok and my brother has an iPhone 4 which is definitely an improvement over the 3GS but still the OS is very limiting. Haven't seen much of the E71. Last Nokia I tested seriously was the n97.

chrisuzz

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 21, 2010, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on October 21, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 21, 2010, 02:43:58 PM
Nokia E71. Got it a while back :P.
same got in like 3 or 4 monthes ago :) i got the black one 8)
Same 8).
only think i dont like about it is how it doesnt have the light like the e63

Justin Bieber

Quote from: chrisuzz on October 21, 2010, 09:25:28 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 21, 2010, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on October 21, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 21, 2010, 02:43:58 PM
Nokia E71. Got it a while back :P.
same got in like 3 or 4 monthes ago :) i got the black one 8)
Same 8).
only think i dont like about it is how it doesnt have the light like the e63
Yeah. Also fitting in the keyboard is nice. Just my fingers find it hard to press the right buttons ::).

8-6 Suited

iPhone has better Apps, Galaxy S is a better phone all round and the E71 is just... A phone really. It does its job.

Alex7089

That is not the way my family see it, my sister has an iphone 3G, my other sister has an iphone 3GS and my mum has an iphone 4. They are constantly mocking my phone...

hawk_88

The key to finding apps for Android is to look beyond the Android app store. The lack of restrictions on the Android is its stregth.

However the Android store is fast catching Apple app store as Android based phones are fast becoming the dominate platform, which will mean developers will produce their apps so they work on both platforms and some only on Android as they might (and they often do) conflict with Apple's accreditation criteria.

CrowsFan

Why do you know so much about phones hawk?

hawk_88

Short story:
I am a nerd.

Long Story:
I am a game developer. With the current trends, especially over the past two years, we have had to start looking at mobile gaming and how we can integrate that into console and PC games.

Everything is important. Not just technical information, but market trends, general brand perception and how people use and see their phones. The fact that you thought HTC was emulating the iPhone is useful information (and not at all an uncommon opinion people have).

Basically you have to learn a lot and read a lot and keep up to date.

roo boys!

BoredSaint

Quote from: hawk_88 on October 22, 2010, 12:03:17 AM
The key to finding apps for Android is to look beyond the Android app store. The lack of restrictions on the Android is its stregth.

However the Android store is fast catching Apple app store as Android based phones are fast becoming the dominate platform, which will mean developers will produce their apps so they work on both platforms and some only on Android as they might (and they often do) conflict with Apple's accreditation criteria.
I got a sony ericsson x10 mini pro which runs android!
and i found fruit ninja on the net which i now play non-stop :)

hawk_88

Quote from: BoredSaint on October 22, 2010, 10:15:00 AM
I got a sony ericsson x10 mini pro which runs android!
and i found fruit ninja on the net which i now play non-stop :)

Fruit Ninja was developer by an Australian developer from memory.

Alex7089

I love fruit ninja!
I have played it on the ipad and got addicted which was an issue because I don't have it at home :-\

nas

Have a HTC Desire & currently trying to work it as having had the IPhone for so long which the daughter has willing taken of my hands (LOl) so hawka any advice is taken on board with the android system etc etc

hawk_88

With a HTC Android based phone the easiest way to use the basic phone features is though the custom "layer" HTC puts on it's phone called Sense I think.

Most people find this easier to use than standard Android stuff. The best advice with learning to use any new piece of technology is simply to play. It is very very difficult to do anything that can't be easily undone.

If you are looking for cool things to do with it, look to the Android app store (I think they call it the Android Marketplace or something similar). It is just like the Apple app store. It is the easiest way to get extra apps on your phone.

valkorum