Main Menu

2011 Ladder Predictions

Started by Luigi197, October 20, 2010, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Junktimer on January 20, 2011, 02:36:43 AM
Not enough respect is shown to what I believe will be a very dangerous side in 2011.

IMO best ladder so far has been McRooster's, boldest call has been ossie predicting the Tiges finishing above Carlton.

I'm not being deliberately antagonistic, but the Tigers won more games in the last half of 2010 than Carlton did, so I don't believe it is that bold a call! Carlton need to earn respect, like every team, and they do not have that yet.

Your right, Carlton could finish top 4. I just don't they have the right structures or right game plan to do it right now. I think they have the talent, which means anything can happen!

dylsta05

1. collingwood
2. st.kilda
3. western bulldogs
4. geelong
5. carlton
6. fremantle
7. hawthorn
8. melbourne
9. north melbourne
10. sydney
11. adelaide
12. Richmond
13. essendon
14. west coast
15. port adelaide
16. gold coast
17. brisbane

ossie85

West Coast so bad they finish in the bottom 4 twice Dylsta?

dylsta05

yeah i think that it will be out of essendon, richmond and west coast to finish up the bottom 4

ossie85

Quote from: dylsta05 on January 20, 2011, 10:31:37 AM
yeah i think that it will be out of essendon, richmond and west coast to finish up the bottom 4

:) You heard first here! The Eagles will finish 14th and 16th ;)

bomberboy0618

West coast are taking up 2 ladder spots? Greedy buggers ::)

dylsta05

whooops i didnt no what you ment till i looked at it hahaha ill fix it up

bomberboy0618

Lol its ok dyl it was funny :)

Luigi197

Quote from: Junktimer on January 20, 2011, 02:36:43 AM
Still over 50% say Carlton to miss the 8.

The 2010 predictions saw 17 out of the 25 predictions leave Carlton out also.

Not enough respect is shown to what I believe will be a very dangerous side in 2011.

IMO best ladder so far has been McRooster's, boldest call has been ossie predicting the Tiges finishing above Carlton.

I have not made my ladder, so I will bump the thread in doing so.

1. Collingwood
2. Geelong
3. St Kilda
4. Carlton
5. Fremantle
6. Hawthorn
7. Sydney
8. Western Bulldogs
9. Adelaide
10. Melbourne
11. North Melbourne
12. Gold Coast
13. West Coast
14. Port Adelaide
15. Richmond
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane

The top 3 will most likely be those teams, maybe however in a different order, I definitely wouldn't say Collingwood are a certainty for the flag.

Carlton aren't a certainty for the 4, however I think that Freo won't rise this year, my reasoning being that Barlow will have a very interrupted preseason, Sandilands IMO will get injured a bit, and Pav is now 29, not entirely unlike Carlton, they rely heavily on their best few.

Hawks will improve slightly, but will not push for premiership, way too inconsistent.

Bulldogs and Sydney should do OK, but their best is behind them.

Adelaide were a little shell shocked early this year, and will push for finals selection, along with the Dees, who need another year of solid footy before they can start to make an impact.

North pretty stock standard at 11.

Gold Coast may do better than expected, I believe West Coast can improve a bit too, but need to sort out their spud defence if they ever wanna be good.

Port may be good in a few years, not this year though.

Rounding out the tail is Richmond, Essendon and Brisbane.  All lack talent and experience, Brisbane and Essendon to go through rebuilding stages.

Great write up JT though honestly reckon Prt and Bombers will finish infront of the Suns

SydneyRox

Quote from: ossie85 on January 20, 2011, 10:27:10 AM

West Coast so bad they finish in the bottom 4 twice Dylsta?

Almost certain money IMO to finish bottom 4, which I think Dylsta has nailed BTW, except maybe GC finish last?

ossie85

I agree :)

Dysta had put West Coast on his ladder twice, but has since edited it, so my comment makes even less sense then it did to begin with! Serves me right for being a smart-arse

And yes, Eagles definate bottom 4.

nas

haha Don't worry about it looked ok at the time.

coped it myself as well in here being quick witted & as you called yourself a smart-ar$e Lol

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23498.msg300759.html#msg300759

ossie85

Yeah saw that lol. The forum is good to keep anyone's ego in check :)

Cruiseon

Ego's can get in the way but I can assure everyone that this ladder is right, happy for people to quote me on it.

1 Collingwood
2 Essendon
3 Freemantle
4 Carlton
5 Geelong
6 Hawthorn
7 Adelaide
8 Gold Coast
12West Coast
13 Port Adelaide
14 Bulldogs
15 Melbourne
16 Richmond
17 Sydney

Now I can hear everyone saying, what!!!! Cruise has lost his marbles and other fronts that might be true but this ladder is correct. Any guess what it represents?
Not too hard really, Os you can hold back, you'll know in 4 seconds.

ossie85

lol took me about 6 seconds Cruise, bit slow on a Friday :)