7 (50%)
No
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Craig Bolton

2010 Stats
Games: 5
Total Score: 286 (Ranked 475th overall, 161st amongst defenders)
Average Score: 57.20 (Ranked 425th overall, 146th amongst defenders)
High: 67 (Round 3)
Low: 52 (Round 1)
Standard Deviation: 6.10
Centuries: 0 out of 5
Starting Price: $408,200
High Price: $408,200 (round 1)
Low Price: $337,400 (round 5)

Summary:

What is it with Sydney providing potential bargain defenders? Last year every side had Tadgh Kennelly and Nick Malceski in it, as they both returned from Ireland and Injury, and both with a reasonably amount of success (especially Malceski). Sydney Swans Co-Captain Craig Bolton injured his achilles tendon early in the season, and that was it for the 30 year old former All-Australian.

Bolton has never been a massive scorer in SC, however he is far from a spud. His averages from 2005 are:

2005: 82.2 (from 22 matches)
2006: 84.1 (from 21 matches)
2007: 87.7 (from 22 matches)
2007: 81.1 (from 22 matches)
2009: 76.9 (from 20 matches)
2010: 57.2 (from 5 matches)

Yes, Bolton is getting on a bit, but apart from last year has proven himself to be quite durable.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $303,800 (no discount), $273,400 (10% discount), $243,000 (20% discount)

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $289,300

Position: DEF

I haven't heard any news one way or the other saying whether Bolton will by right for round 1, so watching him in the pre-season is a must. Bolton has averaged around the 80 mark for years, so his price (especially at discount) does provide some good value. m0nty does not have him having any discount, but I would be surprised if he didn't get at least 10%.

Decision:

If I'm looking for a cheap reliable defender, Bolton could be it, especially if discounted. He won't set the world on fire, but could plug a hole or two until a suitable upgrade comes my way. Short listed.

Has anyone heard when he will be returning?

Fletch74

He will be touch and go for me for the time being. The stats are interesting for a KPP, but the Swans tend to do well in that area with Grundy also fitting that mould last year.

A lot will depend on how Longmire coaches and whether he is a lot cheaper than that for me, but you're right Ossie he could possibly plug a hole at the beginning of the season.

ronl

If I decide to field someone to plug a defensive hole in this salary range I'd probably opt for Hurley before Bolton.  He's on the up and has MPP status.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 20, 2010, 09:00:03 AM
He will be touch and go for me for the time being. The stats are interesting for a KPP, but the Swans tend to do well in that area with Grundy also fitting that mould last year.
KPP could be interesting. Like picking a few "out there" picks. Could serve as a nice cash cow depending on how he goes pre season.

Shortlisted for me.

BoredSaint

highly respect him as a player but not really a fan of him on SC so no for me

supercoach addict

I'm surpised by those SC averages, he doesn't get much of the footy. But his 09 average would stop me from considering him.

DazBurg

will watch his preseason but unlikely for me

Maca24

no from me. is getting on a but and was injured last year.
plus i probably wouldnt get him anyway, id go hurley b4 him.

ossie85

Junktimer

very unlikely.

was very disappointed when i saw his price tag.  thought he could have been waters priced for this year. 

otten and adcock much better options.

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2010, 08:05:09 AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/new-injury-for-craig-bolton/story-e6frf9jf-1225950319579

Moves to unlikely for me now :(

Damn, thought I might have gotten a bargain there!
thanks for the write-up ossie, was just thinking about him as an option but i think you can see with the avgs that he's probably on the 'downhill' slide in terms of SC/DT production - his age and now this inj from Nov 2010 should make people weary

Hawka

alot of consisteny didnt relize he scored that well for a few yrs but injuries are taken there toll and his scrping has dropped due to them and more defensve rolls so nooo

nas

No not for me age n injuries are the worry

MajorLazer

Injuries are killing his career and his fantasy value. No from me.

SydneyRox

Such a fantastic player, hope he has a big season, but he really seems to be struggling to get up. From the swans Grundy is probably a better option atm, showed he could do it last year